why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(26-04-2016 08:26 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:18 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Because if they don't go to church they end up becoming Donald Trump supporters.

On more serious note, the meat of any religion is it's community, once that's dissolved the religion dies along with it. The importance of the church, like the importantance of eating with your family, or spending time with your wife, it's conducive to tying the threads of that relationship. And from personal experience, it seems that non-church going believers tend to be the most maladaptive.

The meat of any religion is the need of church attendance to reinforce the weekly brainwashing.

Still waiting on your reply in the other thread by the way Drinking Beverage

And you're just gonna be waiting a very long time.

Memorial Day is coming up, planning another BBQ that weekend? Can't wait to toss back a few beers like last year. Hope your mom marinates the hog again.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2016, 08:33 AM
(26-04-2016 08:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:26 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The meat of any religion is the need of church attendance to reinforce the weekly brainwashing.

Still waiting on your reply in the other thread by the way Drinking Beverage

And you're just gonna be waiting a very long time.

Memorial Day is coming up, planning another BBQ that weekend? Can't wait to toss back a few bears like last year. Hope your mom marinates the hog again.

At least you admit you don't actually give a fuck about discussion at this point, although not directly. Dishonest theists abound! Big Grin

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
26-04-2016, 08:34 AM
(26-04-2016 08:33 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And you're just gonna be waiting a very long time.

Memorial Day is coming up, planning another BBQ that weekend? Can't wait to toss back a few bears like last year. Hope your mom marinates the hog again.

At least you admit you don't actually give a fuck about discussion at this point, although not directly. Dishonest theists abound! Big Grin

With you, yes, I don't actually give a fuck about having a "discussion" with you, that should be obvious.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
26-04-2016, 08:36 AM
(26-04-2016 08:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:33 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  At least you admit you don't actually give a fuck about discussion at this point, although not directly. Dishonest theists abound! Big Grin

With you, yes, I don't actually give a fuck about having a discussion with you, that should be obvious.

lol You don't have an interest in having a discussion with anyone. You just preach your bullshit, dodge questions, refuse to back-up your claims/assertions, and then talk (lie) about how you're here for discussion and dialogue and to learn.

Dishonest troll Drinking Beverage

Have you begun to notice how many others on here have made the EXACT SAME observations about you as I have? Do you think this is a coincidence?

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
26-04-2016, 08:39 AM
(24-04-2016 02:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Girly is a heart breaker.

I will kill you last. Angry

[Image: tumblr_mmytfp7oDV1rdutw3o1_400.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-04-2016, 08:40 AM
(26-04-2016 08:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  With you, yes, I don't actually give a fuck about having a discussion with you, that should be obvious.

lol You don't have an interest in having a discussion with anyone. You just preach your bullshit, dodge questions, refuse to back-up your claims/assertions, and then talk (lie) about how you're here for discussion and dialogue and to learn.

Have you begun to notice how many others on here have made the EXACT SAME observations about you as I have? Do you think this is a coincidence?

Is that it? Anything else you wanna add?

26-04-2016, 08:43 AM
(26-04-2016 08:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  lol You don't have an interest in having a discussion with anyone. You just preach your bullshit, dodge questions, refuse to back-up your claims/assertions, and then talk (lie) about how you're here for discussion and dialogue and to learn.

Is that it? Anything else you wanna add?

And you keep proving me correct Thumbsup

-Rick
26-04-2016, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 08:50 AM by Tomasia.)
(26-04-2016 08:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Is that it? Anything else you wanna add?

And you keep proving me correct Thumbsup

Yes, like all self-fulfilling prophecies.

Can't we just agree to disagree? Call a truce or some shit. I don't think I'm doing your high cholesterol any favors.

26-04-2016, 08:47 AM
(26-04-2016 08:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you keep proving me correct Thumbsup

Yes, like all self-fulfilling prophecies.

Facepalm

You are now insulting yourself without even realizing it

-Rick
26-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Skittles Wrote:1. This idea is taken from the Christian religion
2. The Christian's swiped their back story from the Jewish people.
OK, what is your point?
Skittles Wrote:3. The Jewish people wrote the original story of which you speak.
Was Moses a Jew? Was Jacob(Israel) a Jew? I don't think so.
Skittles Wrote:4. The Jewish people get to tell us what their book says.
Was Moses a Jew?
Skittles Wrote:They wrote it, they preserved it (pretty damn well, I might add),
Let's assume it is the truth. And your point is?
Skittles Wrote:they understand it.
Sure they do. The question is this: is their understanding correct?
Skittles Wrote:5. Who is Jesus Christ again? Prophet? Messiah? Maybe we should ask the Jews, it's their book... originally.
Great idea! So, what does GOD TELL Jews who Jesus is? What's that? God does NOT speak to His tribe of Judah any more? That is inconvenient.
I want to know what GOD tell tribe of Judah about Jesus.
Skittles Wrote:So far I've pointed out to you Isaiah 8:20 and Isaiah 43:10, I'll also give you Isaiah 44:6.
Yes, I believe those words are true and your point is?
Skittles Wrote:I'm sorry about that. I never meant for that to insult you. What I meant was simply that you weren't from the U.S. so I wouldn't expect you to know about all the mistakes that Joseph Smith made about the livestock and plants in America 2000 years ago, but I would expect J.S. to know since he was living here AND writing about it.
I'm sorry I said you were from Russia. I made a connection that I never should have.
Oh, no problem. I still believe you are beautiful human being and daughter of God.
Skittles Wrote:The book of Mormon.
The writings of Abraham. (proven to be a fraud)
These two writings have things written in them that can be proven false.
Oh, I am all ears.
Skittles Wrote:DNA proves the Indians came from Asia not from Europe!
That is great!!! and your point is?
Skittles Wrote:The languages also follow this path. There is no archaeological evidence anywhere that indicates the tribes J.S. claims to have lived, fought battles, and died here, even existed.
OK, where are we planning to look for them? do you have any particular place in mind? what specifically are we going to look for FIRST? any ideas?
Skittles Wrote:If your god is an absolute liar with no power or ability other than that of a regular man, then by all means... Joseph Smith is/was a prophet to that god.
No, no, I refuse to believe this. God of Abraham(non-Jew), Isaak(non-Jew) and Jacob(non-Jew) is very, very powerful.
Skittles Wrote:The American Indians are descendants of Asian people.
wonderful. and your point is?
Skittles Wrote:Show me the dead on Cumorah. Show me the weapons. Didn't a couple of MILLION people die on that hill in at least two different wars? Even if it's ONLY hundreds of thousands... Let's see some evidence. Too many dead bodies missing from such a small place.
I would love to but there is one problem. I have no idea where this hill is located. Do you know what I don't know?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED