why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(02-05-2016 11:55 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 09:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  how about the evidence of evolution that we have? why would I reject the TRUTH we KNOW about evolution?
isn't it all about the truth?

any changes that have appeared in animals was the result of chuck noriss administering beatdowns on said animals and permanently altering their biology. scientists try to cover this up with filthy lies.
Prophet Joseph Smith was teaching that truth is FACTS.
Evolution is FACT. It means that evolution is part of the TRUTH.
I accept all truth wherever it can be found. If there is the truth in hell I want to know it and I will accept it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 02:58 PM
(02-05-2016 02:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:55 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  any changes that have appeared in animals was the result of chuck noriss administering beatdowns on said animals and permanently altering their biology. scientists try to cover this up with filthy lies.
Prophet Joseph Smith was teaching that truth is FACTS.
Evolution is FACT. It means that evolution is part of the TRUTH.
I accept all truth wherever it can be found. If there is the truth in hell I want to know it and I will accept it.

Are you saying that Joseph smith was teaching the truth as HE saw it? If so it still does make what he taught a fact.
02-05-2016, 03:29 PM
(02-05-2016 02:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 11:34 AM)Leo Wrote:  Of course Mormon doctrine is demonstrably wrong. Alla is ignoring my request.
I'm waiting for the summary of Alla about the Mormons doctrine . The most important points summarized.
Alla failure to comply is his or her admission about the lack of knowledge of Mormons doctrine . That also would make Alla a fake Mormon , thus proving some members accusing Alla of being a fake Mormon right.Yes
Again, I remind you that I am not the one who say that LDS Doctrine makes no sense. Smile
Could you be so kind and answer this question: "Do you know LDS Doctrine"?

[video=youtube][quote='Tomasia' pid='988907' dateline='1462219292']So no one here is willing to[/video]

#sigh
02-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Skittles Wrote:If you are going to make this claim, you will have to back it up with proof. You will have to name all the prophets that the Jews killed.
It looks like Jesus (along with other Christian leaders) had a little problem with something called "truth" too.[/quote]
I assume Jesus read His scriptures. I assume followers of Christ read their scriptures.
Their scriptures are saying that Jews had false prophets among them. Their scriptures are saying that Jews were slaying God's prophets by the sword.
Their scriptures are also saying that Jews had books of the prophets that they do NOT have now. May be Jesus had those scriptures in the 1st century. May be there awere names of those Jews who killed prophets of God.
I do not need a proof that many parts of their scriptures are true. I am already convinced they are true.
So, Jews were replacing true prophets with false prophets. They were slaying them with the sword. They were breaking the covenants.
Now you are claiming that they are the ones who understand those prophets correctly. Do you have any proof? Smile

Cheers.

02-05-2016, 04:44 PM
purpledaisis Wrote:Are you saying that Joseph smith was teaching the truth as HE saw it?
He was teaching true principles as he UNDERSTOOD them.

02-05-2016, 04:46 PM
(02-05-2016 12:06 PM)Skittles Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 05:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO SKITTLES

If you are ready to talk about Cumorah and American Indians, let me know.

We can... where would you like to start? How about with the American Indians being of Asian descent...

Cheers
OK.
Please, start. Smile

Cheers

02-05-2016, 04:57 PM
(02-05-2016 04:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do not need a proof that many parts of their scriptures are true. I am already convinced they are true.

Well that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-05-2016, 05:05 PM
(02-05-2016 04:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
purpledaisis Wrote:Are you saying that Joseph smith was teaching the truth as HE saw it?
He was teaching true principles as he UNDERSTOOD them.

How would we know if his understanding is accurate? Someone can understand something totally wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM
(02-05-2016 05:05 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  He was teaching true principles as he UNDERSTOOD them.

How would we know if his understanding is accurate? Someone can understand something totally wrong.
You simply choose to believe.

The path to truth is to pick a person (or organisation) as an authority. Such as Joseph Smith, or the pope or the Catholic church or your mum, or your president/prime minister or whoever. Give them a title such as prophet or god or whatever.

Then just believe everything they tell you, no matter how ridiculous or miraculous or special it seems.

At no point should you EVER invoke any critical thinking towards what THE Authority claims.

It is your job to accept, follow and propagate.

Truth is whatever The Authority tells you. You don't need proof, you just need to believe it.

This is the path to happiness, or so it seems.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
02-05-2016, 05:32 PM
(02-05-2016 05:05 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  He was teaching true principles as he UNDERSTOOD them.

I don't believe that God would let His prophet to teach the things that are not true. It is possible that prophet does not understand everything God reveals him. This is what I meant.
About your question: how would we know if his understanding is accurate?
Well, first step is to have a sincere desire and real intent to know if what he taught was true.