why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(04-05-2016 07:02 PM)Leo Wrote:  You need faith in Chuck Norris to avoid oblivion. Without your eternal soul your plans to be a god with a planet would be total fucked.
Have faith in Chuck Norris your supreme God and savior .

Why is faith necessary to avoid oblivion?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
04-05-2016, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 09:53 PM by Stevil.)
(04-05-2016 06:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:32 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If a person comes to me with a "special" claim, my first reaction is to ask them for evidence.
If they state "You must have faith, if you have knowledge then you cannot have faith"
then I'm like, "well, how did you come into this information?"
If they be like "I'm a prophet, god told me he self"
I be like "Do you have any evidence to back that up?"
They respond "You must have faith in what I tell you because I be a prophet of god"

I walk away laughing, "Good luck with that buddy".
Ok.
P.S. It is very reasonable.
It would be sloppy floppy brain of me if I were to simply accept this person's claims.

Even if there were thousands of other sloppy floppy brained people that also believed this person's claims. Our acceptance by popularity does not make the claims true.

Even if I considered some believers to be highly intelligent and trust worthy. They may have sloppy floppy brain just on this topic.

Even if this person (self proclaimed prophet) is very charismatic, comes across as an honest and trustworthy person, appears to be out for my best interests. It would still be very sloppy floppy brain of me to accept his/her claims as truth.

Even if this person was a historical person (a legend) for which many writings have been documented, this still does not make this person's claims to be truth. It would be sloppy floppy brain of me to accept them without evidence. To merely accept that I am to have faith and not request evidence. But how can I request evidence when this person is now dead? They cannot address my request.
Well, if they had not provided evidence and this had not been documented then I cannot accept those claims (even if they are truth) as I cannot verify them.

If anyone tell you that you need faith then that person has something to hide. They don't have anything to substantiate their claim. People make unsubstatiated claims all the time. It would be sloppy floppy brain of me to accept them, especially those that are special claims, those that speak of things that appear magical such as finding some hidden documents in an unknown language and being able to read them with some magical seer stones and a face in a hat.

Don't you think?
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
are you going to answer my questions alla?
05-05-2016, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 09:03 AM by Leo.)
WinkWink
(04-05-2016 08:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 07:02 PM)Leo Wrote:  You need faith in Chuck Norris to avoid oblivion. Without your eternal soul your plans to be a god with a planet would be total fucked.

Why is faith necessary for eternal progression ?Wink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
05-05-2016, 01:07 PM
(05-05-2016 08:22 AM)Leo Wrote:  WinkWink
(04-05-2016 08:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why is faith necessary to avoid oblivion?

Why is faith necessary for eternal progression ?Wink
Because there is no evidence and if there is no requirement of faith then you are going to demand evidence and ignore the claim until evidence is presented.
05-05-2016, 01:13 PM
What if Alla is Allah and Allah is Mormon?
05-05-2016, 01:49 PM
(05-05-2016 01:13 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  What if Alla is Allah and Allah is Mormon?

Muslims will have to start referring to Joseph Smith as "Joseph Smith (pbuh)."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
(04-05-2016 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Skittles Wrote:Yes, evolution is a fact.
P.S. DNA proves evolution
I know. Yes

Skittles Wrote:So maybe you can tell me how the DNA of the American Indians come from the Asian territories since Joseph Smith claimed the American Indians are Israelites.
I am not sure Joseph Smith made this claim. Looks like you know something I don't know. Consider

Cheers

Actually, you're going to have to show me the Science where Joseph Smith was correct when he said the American Indians were Israelites because everything he ever wrote about the American Indians was in the context of them being Israelites. It's been taught IN THE CHURCH and in other writings for 175 years! Now they have the audacity to start making up a new story. It's totally pathetic.

Mormons beginning with Joseph Smith have historically identified Lamanites with indigenous Americans, and sometimes even Polynesians. Scholars outside Mormonism do not consider the term Lamanite as a category of real people, or accept the Book of Mormon as a valid source of ancient American history.

Emphasis mine and quoted from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamanite

Alla, do you understand how DNA works? Do you have any idea how wrong Joseph Smith was when he made that claim? There's absolutely nothing the apologists can say to get them out of this mess. The only thing they can do is CHANGE THE STORY now that they've been caught in a lie. Isn't it funny how the story has changed now that they've been PROVEN WRONG.

The people who understand DNA have left the church because they can see the lies now. The people who DON'T understand DNA are still defending the church. This leads me to believe you need to take some kind of course in DNA so you can learn about it. This isn't an insult, it's an observation.

Cheers
[+] 3 users Like Skittles's post
05-05-2016, 05:31 PM
(04-05-2016 06:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:28 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Please answer the questions already asked, if possible.

Cheers
I believe I answered your questions a few pages back

Cheers

Actually, I still don't know why you care what Joseph Smith has to say. I thought you wanted a prophet that god was speaking to?

Isaiah 8:20, 43:10 and 44:6 proves there is only one god.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22King James Version (KJV)
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him

The American Indians are NOT ISRAELITES, so........
"THE THING" "FOLLOWED NOT" nor did it "COME TO PASS."
I'm not sure how much clearer this needs to be for you. Joseph Smith said something that turned out to be TOTALLY WRONG! It did NOT come to pass. Instead we have found out that Joseph Smith was VERY WRONG.

Joseph Smith couldn't translate the so called book of Abraham. This is another thing Joseph Smith "spoke in the name of the Lord" and this turned out to be PROVEN FALSE. The following link can get you started on some research in this department.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham

I hope you read the link, and please explore "the book of Abraham" further and you will learn what historians and egyptologists have been saying for decades. The book of Abraham is such an embarrassment to the church, I almost feel sorry for all the apologists trying to scramble up something to tell the "flock."

It would be funny if it wasn't making so many people believe silly things.

Please explore the history of the Book of Abraham as connected with Joseph Smith. Smile

Cheers
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 06:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-05-2016 08:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  

You must first have faith in oblivion in order to avoid it. You silly girl. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post