why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(05-05-2016 05:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why is faith necessary to avoid oblivion?

You must first have faith in oblivion in order to avoid it. You silly girl. Big Grin

Big Grin why?

Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
05-05-2016, 07:00 PM
(05-05-2016 06:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You must first have faith in oblivion in order to avoid it. You silly girl. Big Grin

Big Grin why?

Heart

If you don't have faith in oblivion there is nothing to avoid, silly.

#sigh
05-05-2016, 07:01 PM
(05-05-2016 02:37 PM)Skittles Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  I know. Yes

I am not sure Joseph Smith made this claim. Looks like you know something I don't know. Consider

Cheers

Actually, you're going to have to show me the Science where Joseph Smith was correct when he said the American Indians were Israelites because everything he ever wrote about the American Indians was in the context of them being Israelites. It's been taught IN THE CHURCH and in other writings for 175 years! Now they have the audacity to start making up a new story. It's totally pathetic.

Mormons beginning with Joseph Smith have historically identified Lamanites with indigenous Americans, and sometimes even Polynesians. Scholars outside Mormonism do not consider the term Lamanite as a category of real people, or accept the Book of Mormon as a valid source of ancient American history.

Emphasis mine and quoted from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamanite

Alla, do you understand how DNA works? Do you have any idea how wrong Joseph Smith was when he made that claim? There's absolutely nothing the apologists can say to get them out of this mess. The only thing they can do is CHANGE THE STORY now that they've been caught in a lie. Isn't it funny how the story has changed now that they've been PROVEN WRONG.

The people who understand DNA have left the church because they can see the lies now. The people who DON'T understand DNA are still defending the church. This leads me to believe you need to take some kind of course in DNA so you can learn about it. This isn't an insult, it's an observation.

Cheers
When and where did Joseph Smith claim that American Indians were Israelites?
please, tell me what I should read so I can know what you know. provide the link, please

Cheers. Smile

05-05-2016, 07:03 PM
(05-05-2016 07:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  Big Grin why?

Heart

If you don't have faith in oblivion there is nothing to avoid, silly.
Laugh out load Laugh out load
yes, silly me

Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM
(04-05-2016 10:06 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  are you going to answer my questions alla?
what questions?
Sorry, that I missed them. Please, repeat. Smile

06-05-2016, 01:58 AM
(05-05-2016 07:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  When and where did Joseph Smith claim that American Indians were Israelites?
please, tell me what I should read so I can know what you know. provide the link, please

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paperSu...-1836&p=25

"...he said unto me I am a messenger sent from God, be faithful and keep his commandments in all things, he told me of a sacred record which was written on plates of gold, I saw in the vision the place where they were deposited, he said the indians, were the literal descendants of Abraham..."

Written in Joseph Smith's own journal, 9–11 November 1835 in Kirtland, Ohio.

Joseph Smith is also the author of the book of Mormon too.

THE
BOOK OF MORMON:
AN ACCOUNT WRITTEN BY THE HAND OF MORMON, UPON PLATES TAKEN FROM THE PLATES OF NEPHI

BY JOSEPH SMITH, JUNIOR,
AUTHOR AND PROPRIETOR.

PALMYRA:
PRINTED BY E. B. GRANDIN, FOR THE AUTHOR.

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paperSu...n-1830&p=7

Are these links helping you to see why I don't believe a word that Joseph Smith says? What do you think?

Cheers
06-05-2016, 02:18 AM
where did Joseph Smith say that Native Americans were Israelites?
was Abraham Israelite?

how do scientists know that Native Americans are Asians? I want to read links you read.

thank you

Cheers

06-05-2016, 03:29 AM
(06-05-2016 02:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  where did Joseph Smith say that Native Americans were Israelites?
was Abraham Israelite?

how do scientists know that Native Americans are Asians? I want to read links you read.

thank you

Cheers

Your argument is pretty thin Alla. He's already quoted you the passage where Joseph Smith actually says outright that they're "descended from Abraham". A claim which is incorrect and google could easily show you that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2016, 12:15 PM
(06-05-2016 02:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  where did Joseph Smith say that Native Americans were Israelites?
was Abraham Israelite?

thank you

Cheers

I gave you a link that shows that Joseph Smith is the author of the book of Mormon.

Here's a quote from the link I'm about to give you:
"According to the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites are descendants of Laman and Lemuel, two rebellious brothers of a family of Israelites who crossed the ocean in a ship around 600 BC. Their brother Nephi is portrayed as founding the rival Nephites.[2] The book states that after the two groups separated from each other, the Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness" so that they would "not be enticing" to the Nephites"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamanite

Sorry I didn't include this link, I just figured you already knew the Mormon book claimed the Indians were Lamanites, and Joseph Smith claims (in his AUTHORED book) that the Lamanites were Israelites.

I hope this helps. Smile

Cheers
06-05-2016, 12:25 PM
(06-05-2016 03:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
was Abraham Israelite?

thank you

Cheers

Your argument is pretty thin Alla. He's already quoted you the passage where Joseph Smith actually says outright that they're "descended from Abraham". A claim which is incorrect and google could easily show you that.

Thank you for adding that link. It's a good one for the DNA proof.

Should I take this opportunity to let you know I'm female? Blink I wasn't lucky enough to be a boy. Undecided

Cheeers