why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(07-05-2016 01:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Chas Wrote:There is no Ancient Middle East DNA of any kind in the AmerInd genome
1) are you sure what you say is true?
2)I wonder what happens when a small population mixes with the large one?
3) are all Native Americans carry Asian DNA?

Alla, dear, read a fucking science book, willya? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-05-2016, 10:50 AM
(08-05-2016 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:22 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I think you are trying to link the mtDNA through Laman? Are you wondering how the mtDNA could pass along if no females lived to breeding age?

If so, mtDNA and yDNA (through the male) are NOT needed for proof. OTHER genetic markers are ALSO available which can prove where the American Indians came from. The sex of the offspring wouldn't matter.

Does this help?

Let me say this too... I know you're not stupid or dumb or whatever word you put on yourself. You're simply learning, and we all go through moments of confusion and get frustrated. Hang in there!!! Heart

Cheers
thank you.
You are true virtual friend Smile

Cheers
I still have to respond to some of your comments. But one step at a time. Agree?

Yes, that's all fine.

Can I encourage you to continue on this DNA examination that you appear to be on? I think this is wonderful. If this is something you are interested in then it's a PERFECT first step in understanding the Science behind all this information. It a rough topic but I know you're capable of handling it. Yes

Can I take a bold step here and assume you believe Laman and Lamual took a native (of the Americas) to be their wives? Are these the two men you speak of when you give your example? If your answer is "yes" then this link may help you. If your answer is "no" then ignore this link.
https://www.lds.org/new-era/2004/01/lehi...e?lang=eng

The link above simply states that Laman and Lamual took wives from the middle east before they arrived in the Americas. This makes for purely middle eastern children, with no mixing from any possible natives from the Americas. The only "mixing" that may have taken place was talked about in the book of Mormon between the Nephites and Lamanites for a couple of hundred years, while they were getting along. Again, they would still all be from the middle east.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Skittles Wrote:Can I encourage you to continue on this DNA examination that you appear to be on? I think this is wonderful. If this is something you are interested in then it's a PERFECT first step in understanding the Science behind all this information. It a rough topic but I know you're capable of handling it.
Thanks for being kind and I am enjoying to learn new things. There is no reason to stop to explore modern science.
Skittles Wrote:Can I take a bold step here and assume you believe Laman and Lamual took a native (of the Americas) to be their wives? Are these the two men you speak of when you give your example? If your answer is "yes".
Yes, your assumption is absolutely correct. I was talking about Laman and Lemuel.
Skittles Wrote:The link above simply states that Laman and Lamual took wives from the middle east before they arrived in the Americas. This makes for purely middle eastern children, with no mixing from any possible natives from the Americas.
Yes, their wives arrived from the Middle East. But what happened to them and their children? Could they be killed in one of the wars between Nephites and Lamanites? I don't know. Possible? Why not?
Did Laman and Lemuel have more than one wife? Why not? Most likely they had wives from surrounding population and this is how their children got darker skins( the mark of the Lamanites).
Laman and Lamuel and their wives(plural marriage) had many, many children. There were wars between Lamanites and Nephites. It is possible there were wars between Lamanites and surrounding population? Why not? There are hints in the BoM that it is possible.
Is it possible that Middle East DNA wouldn't survive? I am asking you because I don't know the answer.
Skittles Wrote:The only "mixing" that may have taken place was talked about in the book of Mormon between the Nephites and Lamanites for a couple of hundred years, while they were getting along. Again, they would still all be from the middle east.
Skittles, I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you, please, tell me what books of the BoM tell us about these couple of hundred of years when they were getting along?

Cheers.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-05-2016, 10:58 PM
(09-05-2016 07:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 01:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  1) are you sure what you say is true?

Of course, dear Chas, I will Smile

10-05-2016, 01:20 PM
(09-05-2016 10:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, their wives arrived from the Middle East. But what happened to them and their children? Could they be killed in one of the wars between Nephites and Lamanites? I don't know. Possible? Why not?
Did Laman and Lemuel have more than one wife? Why not? Most likely they had wives from surrounding population and this is how their children got darker skins( the mark of the Lamanites).

Lehi's wife died with "many grandchildren."
Laman "married one of the daughters of Ishmael in the wilderness." "His descendants were taught to have an everlasting hatred for their cousins"

"Daughter [of Ishmael] Sided with Laman in his rebellion against Nephi in the wilderness. She later married Laman. She murmured against Lehi when her father died, and she raised several children. She and her children became part of “an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety"”

Here god CAUSED the blackness. Breeding with black people is by no means god "causing" something. It CLEARLY states that god CAUSED the blackness. What's the purpose in changing the story now? That's the real question.
"that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2004/01/lehi...e?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/5.24?lang=eng

I've already linked you to Joseph Smith's own writings in his journal. He specifically said the American Indians are Lamanites. A lot of people were wondering where the American Indians originated from during the 1830's. Joseph Smith stepped up and CLAIMED to know. He gave his story and IT'S WRONG. If you want to change the story and say they interbred with the Asian people that crossed the Bering Strait, that's fine, but don't claim now THAT GOD SAID IT because he didn't. Joseph Smith was EXPLAINING WHERE THE INDIANS CAME FROM, and he CLAIMED they came from the Israelites. Why not mention Asia if that's the truth? Instead Joseph Smith wrote (through the book of Mormon) that god CAUSED the blackness! There's really nothing you can say or do to change what Joseph Smith CLEARLY said. You can personally change the story, but the proof of what Joseph Smith said is written for all to see. Your hypothesis will never work because of everything J.S. wrote. He made it very clear.

(09-05-2016 10:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  Laman and Lamuel and their wives(plural marriage) had many, many children. There were wars between Lamanites and Nephites. It is possible there were wars between Lamanites and surrounding population? Why not? There are hints in the BoM that it is possible.
Is it possible that Middle East DNA wouldn't survive? I am asking you because I don't know the answer.

My sister Jane, my sister Susan, my sister Mary and my sister Zelda and I took all our husbands to Spain to celebrate father's day.

Do my fictitious sisters and I have more than one husband each?

How about this statement... My brother and I took our spouses out to dinner. Do me and my brother have more than one spouse each?

You are going to need more that some obscure sentence, that CLEARLY means something else, to be convincing.

Since Joseph Smith's mission was to explain where the American Indians came from, he went out of his way to make it CLEAR they were from Lehi's house and that they were Israelites through and through. He had every opportunity to mention another people but he didn't. The actual bible DOES tell when god's people screwed up and married (bred) with a different race of people. Yet god doesn't have a voice suddenly when it comes to the Lamanites? You can't have it both ways.

Skittles Wrote:The only "mixing" that may have taken place was talked about in the book of Mormon between the Nephites and Lamanites for a couple of hundred years, while they were getting along. Again, they would still all be from the middle east.
(09-05-2016 10:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  Skittles, I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you, please, tell me what books of the BoM tell us about these couple of hundred of years when they were getting along?

This explains it in less than 90 seconds! Yes
https://www.lds.org/children/videos/scri...?&lang=eng

Cheers.
10-05-2016, 01:26 PM
(09-05-2016 10:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 07:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  Alla, dear, read a fucking science book, willya? Facepalm

Of course, dear Chas, I will Smile

Nope you will not.No

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
10-05-2016, 11:11 PM

10-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Skittles, I responded to your last post. But then something happened I was not allowed to post and I lost everything.
I will respond again tomorrow.

Cheers, my friend

10-05-2016, 11:58 PM
(09-05-2016 07:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 01:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  1) are you sure what you say is true?

It might be best to start with the basics.

[Image: growing-up-with-dick-and-jane-web.jpg]
11-05-2016, 12:21 AM
I am amused by people who like to show that they are more superior than others.
Why do they want to be this way?