why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(11-05-2016 12:21 AM)Alla Wrote:  I am amused by people who like to show that they are more superior than others.
Why do they want to be this way?

I was only trying to help... you don't seem satisfied with the more complicating responses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 01:44 AM
(11-05-2016 12:41 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 12:21 AM)Alla Wrote:  I am amused by people who like to show that they are more superior than others.

I was only trying to help... you don't seem satisfied with the more complicating responses.

thanks, bye Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-05-2016, 03:40 AM
has my thread been derailed ?
11-05-2016, 03:49 AM
(11-05-2016 03:40 AM)Ace Wrote:  has my thread been derailed ?

Does the pope shit in the woods if there's nobody to hear him?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-05-2016, 05:25 AM

Like people who tell others who can read that they can't comprehend what the word "dirt" means?

I think you might find the answer in your mirror.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
11-05-2016, 08:07 AM
It's still there your quotes were screwed up.

Allah's post:

Skittles Wrote:Lehi's wife died with "many grandchildren."
How many? How much is "many"?
Skittles Wrote:Laman "married one of the daughters of Ishmael in the wilderness." "His descendants were taught to have an everlasting hatred for their cousins"
OK. So?
Skittles Wrote:"Daughter [of Ishmael] Sided with Laman in his rebellion against Nephi in the wilderness. She later married Laman. She murmured against Lehi when her father died, and she raised several children.
How many?
Skittles Wrote:She and her children became part of “an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety"”
Part of idle people. Where those people from the surrounding population idle and full of mischief? Did Laman and Lemuel had other wives from this people?
Skittles Wrote:Here god CAUSED the blackness.
OK
Skittles Wrote:Breeding with black people is by no means god "causing" something.
Who says this?
Skittles Wrote:It CLEARLY states that god CAUSED the blackness.
Yes. HOW? HOW did God cause the blackness? With the magic wand? I hope you don't assume that God did this with the magic wand.
Skittles Wrote:I've already linked you to Joseph Smith's own writings in his journal. He specifically said the American Indians are Lamanites. A lot of people were wondering where the American Indians originated from during the 1830's. Joseph Smith stepped up and CLAIMED to know. He gave his story and IT'S WRONG.
The story(the BoM) that Joseph Smith gave does NOT claim where American Indians came from.
But after Joseph translated the book he could have his own opinions. Could his opinion be wrong? Of course.
This is why I asked in the beginning: who is the prophet of God?
If someone is the prophet of God it doesn't mean that every time he opens his mouth he tells the from God. Prophets are allowed to have their personal OPINIONS. Can those opinions be wrong? Absolutelly. Why would God care if Joseph Smith wrongly claimed that American Indians came from the Middle East?
Why would God care if a bunch of Mormons believed this opinion?
I told you before that I don't care what Jewish Rabbis say about God's Word. Because it is their opinion. I don't care what a bunch of Mormons say about American Indians when they share their opinion.
Mormons can believe a lot of wrong and stupid things. God doesn't care as long as it doesn't effect their salvation.
But there are some things that are very important. God cares that we understand them correctly. But it is not a science. It is not a opinions about American Indians.
The BoM or the story Joseph Smith wrote says NOTHING about American Indians. Nothing.

Skittles Wrote:My sister Jane, my sister Susan, my sister Mary and my sister Zelda and I took all our husbands to Spain to celebrate father's day.
Do my fictitious sisters and I have more than one husband each?
I assume that not knowing the culture we live now.
In those times some people had more than one wife. Even now some people have more than one wife.
It is POSSIBLE that Laman and Lemuel had more than one wife from surrounding population.

Skittles Wrote:Since Joseph Smith's mission was to explain where the American Indians came from
When did he say this thing? When did he say that it was his mission?

Skittles Wrote:he went out of his way to make it CLEAR they were from Lehi's house and that they were Israelites through and through.
please, quote.
Does the book of Mormon claim this?
Skittles Wrote:He had every opportunity to mention another people but he didn't.
Why would he do this? The Book of Mormon is not about those people. We also know from the Book of Mormon that that many parts were sealed and not revealed to us yet. Many it is about those people.
The Book of Mormon does NOT claim that when Lehi came there were NO other people in Americas. The Book of Mormon is NOT the story of those people.
But may be sealed plates are about them.
we also know from the Book of Mormon that Mormon hid some plates in Cumorah and some he gave to Moroni. Those plates which Mormon gave to Moroni were given to Joseph Smith later. But where are the plates that Mormon hid in Cumorah? What is written in them?

Skittles Wrote:This explains it in less than 90 seconds! Yes
Thank you. I want to be sure we talk about the same thing.
So, mixing could happen there. I agree. But Nephites by that time already had some Laminates among them. Those Nephites already had mixed DNA long before they lived all as one.
When people lived as one for about 200 years did all of them mixed? What if not? What if those Laminates who in the end of 200 years became wicked never mixed with Nephites? All Nephites were destroyed.
Laminates who were not destroyed never had blood of Nephites in them.
So, those Laminates had Laman and Lemuel as their ancestors from the Middle East and they had a bunch of ancestors (through Laman and Lemuel wives) who didn't have Middle East DNA.
2500 years ago two men from the Middle East mixed with local population. Did their DNA survive?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-05-2016, 08:54 AM

They are very deluded indeed. Chuck Norris is the only superiors to others.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
11-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(11-05-2016 03:40 AM)Ace Wrote:  has my thread been derailed ?

Have you met us? Girl_nails

It's what happens here on a pretty regular basis.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-05-2016, 11:31 AM
(08-04-2016 12:50 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I've never understood the need to to go church either and I feel the only good reason is for the social aspect and to learn about the Bible but of course it's all interpreted for you, no need to use your brain when this flawed human can try to make sense of it and relate it to modern day problems.

Should this God care? Of course not, the Bible is clear that all you have to do is accept Jesus in your heart and you will be saved, there is no need to gather with a bunch of other people to talk about it. I can see if it makes them feel like they are doing something extra, that little bonus step of worshiping God with others and singing, praying and playing with rattlesnakes or whatever the hell people do at church so God will love them even more. I doubt an all knowing being would care if he can already tell which humans love him but it's not like theists care to think about how paradoxical their God is.

Awesome point you made, plus god's divine plan is something Christians forget about. They can pray all they want for whatever they want, but if what they pray for isn't in god's plan it's not going to happen. hahahahahaha isn't that funny so there's no point to pray in the first place.
11-05-2016, 11:32 AM
(11-05-2016 05:25 AM)julep Wrote:  

Like people who tell others who can read that they can't comprehend what the word "dirt" means?

I think you might find the answer in your mirror.
you are probably right

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED