why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 12:17 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(13-05-2016 12:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I just sent this to my co-worker whose name is Dana. She didnt get it, she is born after GB 1 was out.
So technically this makes me an old fart i guess. Angry

Man, that movies still holds up.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(12-05-2016 10:25 PM)Seeking_Truth Wrote:  I don't think christianity teaches that is imperative to go to church, I don't remember it as a condition to salvation. I guess most people go for the social feeling.

I agree, there was never a declaration of that being necessary for salvation when I went to church regularly, but we would always hear:

Hebrews 10:25 -Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I think there's a couple of other references they would toss out, but there was a definite guilt associated with not going to church on a regular basis and this guilt-based manipulation would crop it's head up almost every time they got up there and preached, and that same verse mentions the "Jesus is coming soon" meme.

You would get worried that you may not be ready for Jesus' return if you weren't a committed Christian.

So they could dole out equal measures of guilt and fear while using scriptural references, it was insidious and manipulative.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply