why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2016, 11:47 AM
(09-04-2016 07:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are more than 150 references to hell in the NT, many of them referring to the lake of fire. There is no mention of being consigned there for any finite time.
In fact, Matthew 25:46 says "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”.

Once again you demonstrate that you don't know or understand what is written in your scriptures.
Q: what is eternal punishment(lake)?
A: it is punishment(lake) that exists from eternity to eternity. Nobody never came up with idea of this punishment(lake) at some point. It always existed.
So when Matthew said that someone will go into eternal punishment(lake) did he say for how long?
If a lake or punishment had a beginning it is NOT eternal.

10-04-2016, 03:11 PM
(10-04-2016 11:47 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 07:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are more than 150 references to hell in the NT, many of them referring to the lake of fire. There is no mention of being consigned there for any finite time.
In fact, Matthew 25:46 says "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”.

Once again you demonstrate that you don't know or understand what is written in your scriptures.
A: it is punishment(lake) that exists from eternity to eternity. Nobody never came up with idea of this punishment(lake) at some point. It always existed.
So when Matthew said that someone will go into eternal punishment(lake) did he say for how long?

I was taught the "hell fire for eternity" doctrine but I quickly threw it out when the churches I attended couldn't back it up with scripture. I agree with you that when a person looks at what it's really saying, an eternal fire for former humans, is NOT what it says.

That said...

The Bible DOES describe a "flat" or "snow-globe" Earth. Research will reveal this, just like good research can help a person with the hell fire doctrine.

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

Cheers
10-04-2016, 05:35 PM
(09-04-2016 07:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  You can not lie and be an honest person at the same time. Honest people choose to tell the truth.
And you have been caught lying multiple times in the past so bad news for you.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-04-2016, 04:21 PM
(10-04-2016 05:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 07:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  You can not lie and be an honest person at the same time. Honest people choose to tell the truth.
And you have been caught lying multiple times in the past so bad news for you.
You say this. so bad news for me.

11-04-2016, 04:27 PM
(10-04-2016 03:11 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I was taught the "hell fire for eternity" doctrine but I quickly threw it out when the churches I attended couldn't back it up with scripture. I agree with you that when a person looks at what it's really saying, an eternal fire for former humans, is NOT what it says.

That said...

The Bible DOES describe a "flat" or "snow-globe" Earth. Research will reveal this, just like good research can help a person with the hell fire doctrine.

Cheers
Prophets didn't believe in flat earth. They knew about cosmos more than you think.
Prophets used SYMBOLIC language. Symbols have HIDDEN meaning. This meaning is hidden so NOT all people would understand.
God will not reveal many things to those who do not believe in Him for their own benefits. The less you know the less you are accountable before God.
God is merciful to those who do not believe in Him. He protects them from the harm they can do for themselves.
Cheers Smile

11-04-2016, 05:10 PM
(10-04-2016 11:47 AM)Alla Wrote:  

That garbled mess doesn't even resemble any kind of argument. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2016, 05:13 PM
(10-04-2016 03:11 PM)Skittles Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:47 AM)Alla Wrote:  Q: what is eternal punishment(lake)?

I was taught the "hell fire for eternity" doctrine but I quickly threw it out when the churches I attended couldn't back it up with scripture. I agree with you that when a person looks at what it's really saying, an eternal fire for former humans, is NOT what it says.

Ummm what part of "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life” (Matthew 25:46) do you not understand? Consider

11-04-2016, 05:14 PM
(11-04-2016 04:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 03:11 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I was taught the "hell fire for eternity" doctrine but I quickly threw it out when the churches I attended couldn't back it up with scripture. I agree with you that when a person looks at what it's really saying, an eternal fire for former humans, is NOT what it says.

That said...

Cheers
Prophets didn't believe in flat earth. They knew about cosmos more than you think.
Prophets used SYMBOLIC language. Symbols have HIDDEN meaning. This meaning is hidden so NOT all people would understand.
God will not reveal many things to those who do not believe in Him for their own benefits. The less you know the less you are accountable before God.
God is merciful to those who do not believe in Him. He protects them from the harm they can do for themselves.
Cheers Smile

That is an utterly worthless argument as it is unverifiable and non-falsifiable and there is no evidence for it.

11-04-2016, 05:28 PM
(11-04-2016 04:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  Prophets didn't believe in flat earth. They knew about cosmos more than you think.
Cheers Smile

If you wanted to relay a message that relates to the eternal resting place of every human beings eternal soul would you speak plainly and use direct language and or would you use symbolism that will be interpreted in thousands of different ways spawning tens of thousands of different religious denominations so no one can be sure if they have it right?

The only reason any all knowing God would rely on poetic symbolic language is because he knows it would be confusing and end up with most people either not understanding it all, interpreting it wrongly or using it for their own advantage to control people. He would also know this confusion would end up sending billions of people to Hell, because they didn't understand the unique special way he was trying to tell us the most important message we will ever know or hear in our entire lives. He sounds like a total jerk. The more likely reason would be the men who wrote the bible were ignorant sheep herders who wanted to actually believe all the unscientifically proven fairy tale nonsense they were told growing up, it's not symbolic, it's literal nonsense they actually believed.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]