why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(14-04-2016 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I've noticed people are calling you a Mormon, is that true, are you a Mormon?
Yes, it is true. I am LDS.
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I've only met one Mormon in my life and she had quit the church and joined our EVFree church. She told me some messed up stuff about the Mormon church.
OK
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  My point isn't that the church is messed up... my point is that I don't know anything about Mormons other then the historical facts of how the church was founded. That alone should have people running and screaming from that church, but I digress...
I respect your personal opinion.
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  You speak of "hidden meanings" and I would like for you to show me, in the OLD TESTAMENT, where god shows he truly understands the earth is GLOBULAR.
OT doesn't tell about God's true understanding of anything.
OT is a book that was written by mortal men. These men received information form God. Then they had to digest this info and share with others.
They often use symbolic language for the following reasons:
1)symbols help to understand and remember info much better
2)symbols hide the message from those who are not worthy or not ready to know it.
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  Please tell me why knowledge of a globular earth is more sinful than knowledge of a flat earth.
Is it? If yes, I have no idea why.
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  How does god show his power (in your mind) by lying about the shape of the earth? How does that help the believer?
I have no evidence of that.
(12-04-2016 02:40 PM)Skittles Wrote:  Cheers
Cheers

I'm sorry, I think maybe I'm misunderstanding the amount of importance you place on the bible. After reading your response to me, I can see we don't come from similar backgrounds about bible authority.

I don't believe the bible to be the word of any god (anymore) so I'm completely open to hearing your side of what the bible means to you and how high it is on the "truthful meter," in your own opinion, of course.

I think we will be better able to communicate if we both know what the other truly believes. Don't you?

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2016, 02:35 PM
(14-04-2016 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  2)symbols hide the message from those who are not worthy or not ready to know it.
Do you think science publications and other official school books should be written this way. Using symbols to hide the message from those children that are not worthy or not ready for it?

Why or why not?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
15-04-2016, 04:14 PM
(15-04-2016 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  2)symbols hide the message from those who are not worthy or not ready to know it.
Do you think science publications and other official school books should be written this way. Using symbols to hide the message from those children that are not worthy or not ready for it?
No
(15-04-2016 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Why or why not?
There is no any reason to do this.
I also explained why God hides the message from those who are not ready or not worthy. To PROTECT them.
Those who are not ready and not worthy are NOT going to be accountable before God for the things they don't know.
It is better to be ignorant of the law than to know the law and break it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-04-2016, 04:23 PM
(15-04-2016 02:19 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I don't believe the bible to be the word of any god (anymore) so I'm completely open to hearing your side of what the bible means to you and how high it is on the "truthful meter," in your own opinion, of course.
I BELIEVE that the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly. There are many parts of the truth that were lost. The Bible does not have them. There is NO fullness of the Gospel in the Bible.
The Bible was written by imperfect men - prophets, who wrote what their lean from God in their weaknesses and to the best of their abilities. it was also translated by imperfect men and more importantly by men who had NO authority from God to do this.
(15-04-2016 02:19 PM)Skittles Wrote:  I think we will be better able to communicate if we both know what the other truly believes. Don't you?
I guess. So, what do you believe about the Bible?

Cheers

15-04-2016, 04:57 PM
(15-04-2016 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

Why or why not?

Dude. Science already does that.

I show you the face of God as formulated by the prophet Euler.

[Image: euler.png]

And get behind me the Satan Schrödinger.

Then the Lord thy Bob said to him, “Be gone, Schrödinger! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your Bob and him only shall you serve.’”

[Image: cccc.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2016, 05:01 PM
(15-04-2016 04:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is no any reason to do this.
I also explained why God hides the message from those who are not ready or not worthy. To PROTECT them.
Those who are not ready and not worthy are NOT going to be accountable before God for the things they don't know.
Huh?

That doesn't make sense to me.

Are you saying that a government who comes up with a set of laws, should keep those laws hidden, should keep the government hidden, because it is better for people to be ignorant than to know the law (and break it)?

We have laws for a reason, yeah?

So that we can keep the peace within a society of interacting and competing people. Govt are our human representatives, people that are also part of society and also governed by the laws they create. We publish the law so that the people know what the rules are, we enforce the law because otherwise society becomes unsafe and unstable, not because people are disobeying the authorities.

So there is a reason why we have laws and that leads to a reason why we publish them and a reason why we enforce them.

To keep them hidden is a ludicrous idea, it makes no logical sense.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
15-04-2016, 05:11 PM
(15-04-2016 04:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Do you think science publications and other official school books should be written this way. Using symbols to hide the message from those children that are not worthy or not ready for it?
No
(15-04-2016 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Why or why not?
There is no any reason to do this.

Of course, because this God is incapable of giving information in all absolute ways and actually judging if they were "ready or not" instead of "protecting" them from the rules it created making there no reason it cant make rules any other possible way it wants at all at any possible time.

You honestly promote ignorance, routinely. And you still don't get why I've said before your type of reasoning is literally the type that leads to why millions needlessly die to horrible authoritarian ideas.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-04-2016, 05:47 PM
(15-04-2016 05:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Huh?
That doesn't make sense to me.
Are you saying that a government who comes up with a set of laws, should keep those laws hidden, should keep the government hidden, because it is better for people to be ignorant than to know the law (and break it)?
No, I am not saying this at all. But I am saying this:
I don't have to BELIEVE that there is such thing as government in my country. I have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE that there is government.
So, I better know and understand as many laws of the government as possible so I won't be in trouble. it is my responsibility to know and understand those laws.
My claim "Oh, I didn't know this law" or "I don't understand this law" is not an excuse from being accountable. Judge and jurors are not lie detectors, they can not get into my head and my heart to see if I am telling the truth.
God knows when we lie and when we tell the truth.
Can you punish your child who doesn't understand your instruction? God can't.

If we had PERFECT KNOWLEDGE and CORRECT UNDERSTANDING of God and His laws we would NOT have an excuse if we would break them. We would be accountable. We would not be forgiven.
But we do NOT have perfect knowledge of God and sometimes we even don't have correct understanding of God's laws.
So, if God didn't give us this perfect knowledge of Him and correct understanding of something then who is responsible for this? God or us? The correct answer is "God".
God knows this.
He protects those who do not believe by not giving them an understanding.
But when I BELIEVE and I know His laws and then I break them I am more accountable. But I can be forgiven because I still do NOT have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE.
Conclusion: those who have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE of God can not be excused. Those who do NOT have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE of God can be forgiven.
Those who never heard about laws of God do NOT sin because sin is breaking the law knowingly.

15-04-2016, 05:52 PM
(15-04-2016 05:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Of course, because this God is incapable of giving information in all absolute ways and actually judging if they were "ready or not" instead of "protecting" them from the rules it created making there no reason it cant make rules any other possible way it wants at all at any possible time.
the only reason why you say this is because you do NOT know why God is sending us(His children) here on Earth. You do NOT know the purpose that is behind mortality of men.
we also have moral agency, but I am sure you do not understand why I even mention it now.

(15-04-2016 05:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You honestly promote ignorance, routinely. And you still don't get why I've said before your type of reasoning is literally the type that leads to why millions needlessly die to horrible authoritarian ideas.
no comments

15-04-2016, 05:58 PM
God gives moral agency to men. Some CHOOSE NOT to believe in Him. These have to be protected. Because when they know the law and choose to break it anyway because of their unbelief, they will be more accountable.
It is better for them not to know those laws and doctrines. It is better for them NOT to understand those laws and doctrines.