win for me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 12:49 AM by purpledaisies.)
win for me
OK the real win would be if this guy I debated with will start seeing the bible for what it is fiction!

But really I debated with him about the bible on rape, murder and such and at every turn I pointed out how it was wrong.

It went with each verse and he tried to spun it in a good light such as when an army takes over a city and kill all men and ravish the women. he tried to say that it wasn't rape but that it could be anything g from saying how pretty they are to a hug. Seriously? I told him that if the people were killing men and the take me to ravish me I wouldn't want it regardless of what it was. I'd be terrified and just because its not full blown rape doesn't make it any less wrong. Just an example

he finally said he would pray for me. Lol. I told him not to that I wasn't broken or lost. And that if he couldn't see that rape and murder was wrong then fine and he can keep excusing this crap.

But he won't debate me any more. Wonder why? Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
27-05-2015, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 12:26 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: win for me
(27-05-2015 11:43 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  OK the real win would be if this lady I debated with will start seeing the bible for what it is fiction!

But really I debated with this lady about the bible on rape, murder and such and at every turn I pointed out how it was wrong.

It went with each verse and she tried to spun it in a good light such as when an army takes over a city and kill all men and ravish the women. She tried to say that it wasn't rape but that it could be anything g from saying how pretty they are to a hug. Seriously? I told her that if the people were killing men and the take me to ravish me I wouldn't want it regardless of what it was. I'd be terrified and just because its not full blown rape doesn't make it any less wrong. Just an example

She finally said she would pray for me. Lol. I told her not to that I wasn't broken or lost. And that if she couldn't see that rape and murder was wrong then fine and she can keep excusing this crap.

But she won't debate me any more. Wonder why? Lol

Clearly he is an inexperienced debater.

You were wide open for the "Mysterious Ways defence", there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2015, 12:24 AM
I know but he tried. Oh and its a guy not a girl. I saw the profile pic and thought I was talking g to a girl lol
28-05-2015, 12:26 AM
(28-05-2015 12:24 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I know but he tried. Oh and its a guy not a girl. I saw the profile pic and thought I was talking g to a girl lol

Correction made.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2015, 12:47 AM
(28-05-2015 12:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 12:24 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I know but he tried. Oh and its a guy not a girl. I saw the profile pic and thought I was talking g to a girl lol

Correction made.

I'm going to correct it.
28-05-2015, 09:51 AM
This isn't too surprising. I've even heard (If i remember right) William Lane Craig say that the children that were murdered in these raids were lucky. Because now they get to be in heaven.

It's statements like these that just make we glad i'm not on that side anymore.

When you hear someone got raped your instinct shouldn't be "They deserved it!", or "Yeah? They should get married!"

It just like when they say "Slavery wasn't the same as today." The level of ignorance or "blindness" of the facts are so astronomical I go brain dead with rage.

People that say these things are not individuals i want to be around, OR making the rules for everyone.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
28-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Maybe its just me but if if I were a woman nothing would get me hotter than to see my husband and children murdered. No rape needed from the righteous hero.
28-05-2015, 04:05 PM
(28-05-2015 01:56 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Maybe its just me but if if I were a woman nothing would get me hotter than to see my husband and children murdered. No rape needed from the righteous hero.

Exactly! Tried to get him to understand that but nope wasn't hearing it.

But he brought god and the bible up not me. I just educated him. But then he got mad because I countered his lies. Said I didn't need to bring god into this. I told him he brought it up not me. That was the funny part. Lol
28-05-2015, 06:31 PM
(28-05-2015 04:05 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 01:56 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Maybe its just me but if if I were a woman nothing would get me hotter than to see my husband and children murdered. No rape needed from the righteous hero.

Exactly! Tried to get him to understand that but nope wasn't hearing it.

But he brought god and the bible up not me. I just educated him. But then he got mad because I countered his lies. Said I didn't need to bring god into this. I told him he brought it up not me. That was the funny part. Lol

Well yeah, but it doesn't count if he did it. After all, he is the good guy trying to save souls. Rules don't apply to good guys, haven't you seen Superman movies?