would you agree that feminists are the best kind of people in the world?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: would you agree that feminists are the best kind of people in the world?
(02-06-2016 06:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 06:27 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I think everyone already pretty much knows what feminism is

If you think that, you haven't read any of the threads we had about it here.

There's a lot of people like the amazing atheist and sargon of akkad and a lot of other famous youtube atheists who pick on feminism because it gets them a lot of views. I bought into that for a while thinking I was getting a good take on the issue, but really what it is is fear mongering because these people want something that will get them views, a controversy with lots of issues of the minority acting up so they can pick on people that don't represent the whole. It's like they're breeding a generation of annoying conservatives. I actually looked into feminism and feminists and I realized they're generally really progressive people who aren't crazy, like the popular atheists make them out to be.

So, in case anyone was wondering, that's why people talk about feminism so much on this forum. If you didn't know why, you're missing a giant cultural phenomena right now, which is anti feminist fear mongering Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2016, 06:56 PM
(02-06-2016 06:27 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I'm not even going to add to that statement, I think everyone already pretty much knows what feminism is and has their own opinions on the matter.

weak

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
02-06-2016, 06:56 PM
(02-06-2016 06:56 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 06:27 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I'm not even going to add to that statement, I think everyone already pretty much knows what feminism is and has their own opinions on the matter.

weak

mad?
02-06-2016, 06:58 PM
(02-06-2016 06:56 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 06:56 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  weak

mad?

No.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
02-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I wasn't even arguing.
02-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Well the word "feminist" is just a label, we should all agree that men and women should be treated with the same respect in accordance to the law and in the workplace.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to other issues, a feminist can still be a criminal, a liar or just a "bad" person in general. That's why no one should define themselves by one label and think that's good enough.

I consider myself a feminist but so does Anita Sarkeesian and she has shown herself to be a liar and an opportunist and makes other feminists look bad, so not all of them are the best kind of people, it really depends. It's just too broad a term.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
02-06-2016, 07:05 PM
I think Feminism is correct, but doesn't inform me if I like a person or not. No group is the best (or worst). I decide if I like individuals or not.

P.S. Republicans aren't all terrible people either Tongue.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-06-2016, 07:08 PM
(02-06-2016 07:05 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I think Feminism is correct, but doesn't inform me if I like a person or not. No group is the best (or worst). I decide if I like individuals or not.

P.S. Republicans aren't all terrible people either Tongue.

Neo-nazi's

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Cats are the best kind of people.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
02-06-2016, 07:32 PM
(02-06-2016 07:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Cats are the best kind of people.

No, dogs are. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post