would you watch a t.v. station if it where more like pandora

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 05:39 PM
would you watch a t.v. station if it where more like pandora
I have an idea that sounds crazy.. It would be to use video game like procedural generation but for radio stations and tv... the idea is like this so far.. you take the algorithm like netflix or pandora has and use them to create a tv or radio station.... that sounds pretty good but on top of that have the control of a lot of the rules be in the hands of the user.... other features would be shows within shows.. utilizing commercial breaks for shows like man at arms or dinner and a movie.....or music videos... on top of that it would be able to simulate a live radio station or channel but be curated by you and still have randomness... It's complicated but I think the idea is clear.. what do you think........

p.s. a video on video game procedural generation is included below.. ty for your time.

https://youtu.be/TgbuWfGeG2o

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: would you watch a t.v. station if it where more like pandora
I think you basically just described YouTube.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
You better bring a Big Ass checkbook when you go to the studios and networks to talk about programming.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
07-10-2015, 06:13 PM
(07-10-2015 06:07 PM)cactus Wrote:  I think you basically just described YouTube.

actually no I didn't because you have to pick what show you are going to watch... even if its on a list an lean back.... you'd have to at least pick the list.

07-10-2015, 06:15 PM
(07-10-2015 06:13 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 06:07 PM)cactus Wrote:  I think you basically just described YouTube.

actually no I didn't because you have to pick what show you are going to watch... even if its on a list an lean back.... you'd have to at least pick the list.

Youtube tries (kind of), but fails. Its autoplay feature is like a playlist of shit that I don't actually want to watch. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-10-2015, 06:17 PM

It's 100% watching Youtube with the autoplay next video list on.. because you might get something a bit off skew from what you expected but it's perceived your interest in that next up list.

It is like Pandora because you pick where you are starting off. You choose that 1st point like you choose the band/song/whatever of in Pandora... Pandora works that same way in where I click LIKE in a playlist 1 time on something like a specific Lindsey Sterling song and somehow how I get christmas song after christmas song all on the list. It's a bit out of whack

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
(07-10-2015 06:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

It's 100% watching Youtube with the autoplay next video list on.. because you might get something a bit off skew from what you expected but it's perceived your interest in that next up list.

It is like Pandora because you pick where you are starting off. You choose that 1st point like you choose the band/song/whatever of in Pandora... Pandora works that same way in where I click LIKE in a playlist 1 time on something like a specific Lindsey Sterling song and somehow how I get christmas song after christmas song all on the list. It's a bit out of whack

I still think they can pull it off... It just needs more details than youtube...