wow Florida wow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: wow Florida wow
(14-03-2015 08:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  Are you thinking of a large-scale communistic program working inside of a capitalistic economy?

It could well be something to that effect.

Το βάρος της απόδειξης βαρύνει αυτούς που κάνουν την αξίωση
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 12:00 AM
(14-03-2015 06:54 PM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  You can spit in my eye and tell me to go fuck myself, but if you're not contributing to the society you live in, you ought to very well be made to work for free; or have the choice of leaving the country.

... Or not participate in your work for food program? And then, to make sure that I am truly fucked if I don't go along with your little scheme, you can make a law that no one else is allowed to feed me?

And I think you're missing something. Once you say that government mandated forced labour is OK for one segment of society, you are automatically saying that it is acceptable for the government to order a person's life. Sure, you can say "it's ONLY for those useless scum who don't work" - I want to know exactly how useful you think you are then? How when the government comes knocking on your door will you justify that they should not force *you* to do the job that *they* tell you to?

Remember these are citizens of your country too. Entitled to the same legal rights as any other citizen (unless you want to fundamentally change your laws and create an untouchable class?). So you can't just tell them to fuck off elsewhere if you don't like them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-03-2015, 07:08 AM
(15-03-2015 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:54 PM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  You can spit in my eye and tell me to go fuck myself, but if you're not contributing to the society you live in, you ought to very well be made to work for free; or have the choice of leaving the country.

... Or not participate in your work for food program? And then, to make sure that I am truly fucked if I don't go along with your little scheme, you can make a law that no one else is allowed to feed me?

And I think you're missing something. Once you say that government mandated forced labour is OK for one segment of society, you are automatically saying that it is acceptable for the government to order a person's life. Sure, you can say "it's ONLY for those useless scum who don't work" - I want to know exactly how useful you think you are then? How when the government comes knocking on your door will you justify that they should not force *you* to do the job that *they* tell you to?

Remember these are citizens of your country too. Entitled to the same legal rights as any other citizen (unless you want to fundamentally change your laws and create an untouchable class?). So you can't just tell them to fuck off elsewhere if you don't like them.

Okay, so you are attempting to correlate my work scheme for people who do not have a job, and/or are homeless, with a society similar to Orwellian society or V for Vendetta. This is not what I am getting at at all. I'm sorry if its sounded like that, but I am simply not doing that. When you have people who have a legal occupation of any level, that is their safeguard from being drafted into this "chain gang" as you called it. Those who do not (in the work for food scheme) are merely benefiting themselves and society. Yes

I mean, I agree with you, you would need to change a number of fundamental laws I suppose, for that to happen. I would suggest the entitlement to legal rights should be changed for people who refuse to work, and lower it to that of a prisoner. Perhaps make it a special criminal offence to be one of the career jobless. Bring back workhouses for involuntary committal with personal records. With a strict 9 to 5 regimen of manual labour (that benefits society of course, I would reserve pointless labour, the crank, etc. for the criminal population.) Big Grin

If that isn't motivation enough (and fear of non-voluntary committal to a workhouse, should be motivation enough), then I don't know what is. Thumbsup

15-03-2015, 10:55 AM
wow Florida wow
(06-11-2014 12:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I live in Florida and my slogan is, "At least it's not Australia."

Just curious why do u say that? What's the beef with Australia?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
15-03-2015, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 11:15 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
wow Florida wow
(25-12-2014 09:45 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 09:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Raising speed limits makes people less likely to dangerously exceed them.

Simply don't buy it, based on forty years of driving. People will exceed any speed limit put in place. They don't feel good unless they feel they are getting something "extra".

Raising speed limits means folks drive faster (even if they are obeying the limit) and so when bad things happen, more people die.

We are simply crazed by speed. The speed limits on the interstate could be 40, and nothing bad would happen. More people would survive the interstate, that's all.

But that will never happen, cause bottom line, nobody really cares if other people die, and we all assume it will never be us. So the carnage goes on.

I'll disagree with you. I go 80-85, not because it is legal or illegal but because that's the fastest speed I feel comfortable driving at. I wouldn't drive any faster even if the speed limit was 100. If the speed limit was 100, I just wouldn't use the highways like someone previously mentioned.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
15-03-2015, 12:45 PM
(15-03-2015 07:08 AM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  Okay, so you are attempting to correlate my work scheme for people who do not have a job, and/or are homeless, with a society similar to Orwellian society or V for Vendetta. This is not what I am getting at at all. I'm sorry if its sounded like that, but I am simply not doing that.
A. It's not an attempt to do anything.
B. You may not intend it, but to me it looks like a logical consequence of your scheme, that once you've "solved" the homeless problem, then it's a very small step to where you look at perhaps people who have a job but you think aren't efficient, or hold incorrect political views, or happen not to follow your religion. Sure *you* think that won't happen. Tell me how do scheming evil bastards like... 99% of politicians... fit into your plans?

Also you've ignored that point of mine about that in order to *force* people into your scheme you have to *outlaw* other people helping them, which is as fucking Orwellian as it gets.

Allowing government control to that degree is beyond the pale IMO.

Quote:I mean, I agree with you, you would need to change a number of fundamental laws I suppose, for that to happen. I would suggest the entitlement to legal rights should be changed for people who refuse to work, and lower it to that of a prisoner. Perhaps make it a special criminal offence to be one of the career jobless. Bring back workhouses for involuntary committal with personal records. With a strict 9 to 5 regimen of manual labour (that benefits society of course, I would reserve pointless labour, the crank, etc. for the criminal population.) Big Grin
Maybe entitlement to legal rights should be changed for people who're insufficiently loyal to the Party hmm? That's gotta be thought-crime... I mean shit man, even when you typed that you musta heard *some* kinda alarm bell ringing?

Quote:If that isn't motivation enough (and fear of non-voluntary committal to a workhouse, should be motivation enough), then I don't know what is. Thumbsup
Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-03-2015, 01:52 PM
(15-03-2015 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 07:08 AM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  Okay, so you are attempting to correlate my work scheme for people who do not have a job, and/or are homeless, with a society similar to Orwellian society or V for Vendetta. This is not what I am getting at at all. I'm sorry if its sounded like that, but I am simply not doing that.
A. It's not an attempt to do anything.
B. You may not intend it, but to me it looks like a logical consequence of your scheme, that once you've "solved" the homeless problem, then it's a very small step to where you look at perhaps people who have a job but you think aren't efficient, or hold incorrect political views, or happen not to follow your religion. Sure *you* think that won't happen. Tell me how do scheming evil bastards like... 99% of politicians... fit into your plans?

Also you've ignored that point of mine about that in order to *force* people into your scheme you have to *outlaw* other people helping them, which is as fucking Orwellian as it gets.

Quote:I mean, I agree with you, you would need to change a number of fundamental laws I suppose, for that to happen. I would suggest the entitlement to legal rights should be changed for people who refuse to work, and lower it to that of a prisoner. Perhaps make it a special criminal offence to be one of the career jobless. Bring back workhouses for involuntary committal with personal records. With a strict 9 to 5 regimen of manual labour (that benefits society of course, I would reserve pointless labour, the crank, etc. for the criminal population.) Big Grin
Maybe entitlement to legal rights should be changed for people who're insufficiently loyal to the Party hmm? That's gotta be thought-crime... I mean shit man, even when you typed that you musta heard *some* kinda alarm bell ringing?

Quote:If that isn't motivation enough (and fear of non-voluntary committal to a workhouse, should be motivation enough), then I don't know what is. Thumbsup

I will assume from this response, you don't agree with me. Unfortunately that doesn't fit into my world view, so... *alerts the thought police*

But in all seriousness. I can see and appreciate your point about not being able to control people's lives. I just would like to see a world where homelessness is a thing of the past, not through some charitable effort, but through hard work and an innate strive to better oneself. The scenario I painted was only one of many I have imagined would benefit the country/society. As I said before, it was a purely hypothetical scenario.

What would you suggest to help the homeless not be homeless, and find work?

15-03-2015, 02:13 PM
What happens if an unemployed/homeless person refuses to work for nothing but food and shelter?
Do they get sent to prison, where they work for nothing but food and shelter?
15-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Oops Blush
15-03-2015, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 07:05 PM by Full Circle.)
(15-03-2015 01:52 PM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  A. It's not an attempt to do anything.

I will assume from this response, you don't agree with me. Unfortunately that doesn't fit into my world view, so... *alerts the thought police*

But in all seriousness. I can see and appreciate your point about not being able to control people's lives. I just would like to see a world where homelessness is a thing of the past, not through some charitable effort, but through hard work and an innate strive to better oneself. The scenario I painted was only one of many I have imagined would benefit the country/society. As I said before, it was a purely hypothetical scenario.

What would you suggest to help the homeless not be homeless, and find work?

Are you aware that a great many of the homeless have mental and physical issues? Many others, through no fault of their own, have been given a horrible hand to play whether through abuse, neglect or upbringing. Sometimes all the above rolled into one poor, dysfunctional individual.

It sounds to me as though you think all the homeless are deadbeats or am I misunderstanding you?

You cannot legislate away any of those problems I listed above.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post