wow Florida wow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: wow Florida wow
(06-11-2014 09:58 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^Closer to stereotype bingo.

It'd be basically the same if I was Japanese and I said that all non-Han people come standard with: A catgirl/ catboy harem, a book of tentacle hentai, a kaiju early warning system and a magical amulet that transforms the harem into a giant ninja robot.

(I would totally watch that.)

I am obviously out of the loop of what is going on down under or in Japan.

My bad. Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 06:02 AM
(06-11-2014 03:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 03:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Florida is the new jersey of the south.

Now you've gone too far Angry

PS Why are you stuck at 999 likes given? Should have stopped at 666!

I have yet to find something worthy of giving a like

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Well what do you expect from a swamp filled with inbred mudwrestlers and methaddicts?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
08-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Land of the free, home of the brave?

Sorry, I'm struggling to comprehend this. Is this real life, or is that news site a parody?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-11-2014, 02:28 AM
(08-11-2014 05:43 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Land of the free, home of the brave?

Sorry, I'm struggling to comprehend this. Is this real life, or is that news site a parody?

Is real life, not just fantasy... Well, I assume so anyway - it's CNN.com after all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-11-2014, 08:34 AM
So....

if I'm reading this correctly....

this is a religiously motivated act.

Here is the Mayor of Fort Lauderdale's official statement: http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/news/2014/...update.htm

An excerpt:
Quote:While the ordinance regulates outdoor food distribution, it permits indoor food distribution to take place at houses of worship throughout the City. By allowing houses of worship to conduct this activity, the City is actually increasing the number of locations where the homeless can properly receive this service.

At recent outdoor food distributions, citations were rightly issued for non-compliance with the process enacted to ensure public health and safety. Contrary to what was reported in the media, no one was taken into custody. Had these activities taken place indoors, at a house of worship, they would have been in full compliance with the ordinance.

Translation: Guys guys guys. Calm down here. I'm not trying to stop people feeding the hungry. I'm trying to stop atheists from feeding the hungry. Churches should be the only place someone can go for help when they're down. That's how we make more Christians. amiright?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
09-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Sounds like post-facto ass-covering in reaction to outcry over their ridiculous bullshit. Motherfucker.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-11-2014, 08:47 AM
NPR did a story about this today; the audio is supposed to be available after noon US Eastern time (a little over 5 hours from now).
http://www.npr.org/2014/11/09/362737965/...e-the-poor

It didn't get into the religious angle, just that it is much more effective to have actual programs to help the homeless rather than just giving out food and especially money on the street which can make you feel good but actually perpetuate the problem.

There's some truth to that but the key is setting up reasonable options for the homeless, not punishing people trying to help whether they are misguided or not.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
(09-11-2014 08:34 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  An excerpt:
Quote:While the ordinance regulates outdoor food distribution, it permits indoor food distribution to take place at houses of worship throughout the City.

Yabut, they could already do that so the legislation is superfluous. I saw an interview with the old fart and one of the pastors who got busted with him. His response to the mayor was (paraphrased) "But they don't. With only a few exceptions the churches aren't doing that. There's 10,000 homeless in Ft. Lauderdale. We got 3 shelters which can handle around 200 homeless each. That's 600 out of 10,000. Bastards can send my old wrinkled ass to jail 'cause I ain't stopping." The balls on that one are big. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Hmm ... so, treat homeless folk like stray cats: don't feed them or they'll think they live here and keep coming around. What a bunch of inhuman fucks.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post