wow Florida wow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: wow Florida wow
Don't those cops have something better to do with their time?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 07:47 AM
(09-11-2014 10:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Don't those cops have something better to do with their time?

Of course they do, but they've been ordered to do this bullshit. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Update on Arnold Abbott and his fight to feed the homeless.

“I assured the city the only way we are going to resolve this is through the court system and it’s begun and I’m prepared to go all the way through,” Abbott said.

Includes News interview with Abbott.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Arnol...c=obinsite

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-12-2014, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 08:16 PM by Full Circle.)
We’ve just become the 36th State to recognize same-sex marriages. However...

"Still not known: Which Florida clerks will issue marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples.

Top law firm Greenberg Traurig, which represents the Florida Association of Court Clerks, has advised them that only the clerk in Washington County, in rural North Florida — named in Florida’s federal gay-marriage lawsuit — would be bound by Hinkle’s ruling. All other Florida clerks who are not parties in the lawsuit, could face “a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment of not more than one year and a fine of not more than $1,000” if they went ahead and married same-sex couples, according to Greenberg Traurig.”

So Florida will recognize out-of-Sate marriages but 66/67 Florida counties will penalize their own county clerk if they perform one. Facepalm No doubt this will be the next court case.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/co...99455.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-12-2014, 08:01 AM
I live in and love Florida, just in case anybody needs more reasons to yell at me. :-)

Seriously though, ya we got our share of wackos. A recent study concluded that speed was a major factor in traffic deaths. Our legislature followed up on that by raising the speed limit. Huh??? I suppose that will help with over population though, right?
25-12-2014, 09:34 AM
(25-12-2014 08:01 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I live in and love Florida, just in case anybody needs more reasons to yell at me. :-)

Seriously though, ya we got our share of wackos. A recent study concluded that speed was a major factor in traffic deaths. Our legislature followed up on that by raising the speed limit. Huh??? I suppose that will help with over population though, right?

Actually it will. Raising speed limits makes people less likely to dangerously exceed them. Most people will only drive at a safe speed regardless of posted limits (this has been studied) and posting a speed limit below that threshold makes people more inclined to ignore the posted limit entirely.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-12-2014, 09:45 AM
(25-12-2014 09:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Raising speed limits makes people less likely to dangerously exceed them.

Simply don't buy it, based on forty years of driving. People will exceed any speed limit put in place. They don't feel good unless they feel they are getting something "extra".

Raising speed limits means folks drive faster (even if they are obeying the limit) and so when bad things happen, more people die.

We are simply crazed by speed. The speed limits on the interstate could be 40, and nothing bad would happen. More people would survive the interstate, that's all.

But that will never happen, cause bottom line, nobody really cares if other people die, and we all assume it will never be us. So the carnage goes on.
25-12-2014, 09:46 AM
(25-12-2014 09:45 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 09:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Raising speed limits makes people less likely to dangerously exceed them.

Simply don't buy it, based on forty years of driving. People will exceed any speed limit put in place. They don't feel good unless they feel they are getting something "extra".

Raising speed limits means folks drive faster (even if they are obeying the limit) and so when bad things happen, more people die.

We are simply crazed by speed. The speed limits on the interstate could be 40, and nothing bad would happen. More people would survive the interstate, that's all.

But that will never happen, cause bottom line, nobody really cares if other people die, and we all assume it will never be us. So the carnage goes on.

That is simply untrue based on sociological studies and over 100 years of data.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-12-2014, 09:55 AM
(25-12-2014 09:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is simply untrue based on sociological studies and over 100 years of data.

Is your point that the speeding on every highway is actually the fault of speed limits that are too high?
25-12-2014, 12:18 PM
(25-12-2014 09:55 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 09:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is simply untrue based on sociological studies and over 100 years of data.

Is your point that the speeding on every highway is actually the fault of speed limits that are too high?

No they are set too low as a money making system. Take the german Autobahn for instance on the unregulated section they have less accidents than occur on the 100% regulated American Highways. When you arbitrarily set the speed limit too low it makes the average person just ignore it entirely, people only drive at a speed they feel is safe regardless of the posted limit. By setting the limit so low that the average person disregards it you create a much more dangerous situation where there is no acceptable speed. If you go the limit you will cause accidents by going, in some cases, as much as 20-30 mph below the average rate of traffic if you keep up with the flow you are breaking the law. If you raise the limit to what the standard rate of traffic is anyway it means cops can grab the few idiots who need to push past everyone else and drive recklessly.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post