wow Florida wow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 08:17 AM
RE: wow Florida wow
(25-12-2014 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  - if everyone went 40 to get places a lot of stuff would be more complex.

We went far less than 40mph for thousands of years, and life still went on, people still fell in love, babies were still born, things still got gradually better.

We want to go faster than 40 because our minds are all buzzed up from consuming way too much highly stimulating data from an ever expanding array of media which is shoving itself in to every little corner of our life.

Somebody here is probably reading this on the toilet, because they couldn't bear being away from the stimulation of the net long enough to take a shit. :-)

That's the problem, not speed limits.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 03:02 PM
(27-12-2014 08:17 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  - if everyone went 40 to get places a lot of stuff would be more complex.

We went far less than 40mph for thousands of years, and life still went on, people still fell in love, babies were still born, things still got gradually better.
Conditions do not remain the same. We didn't have vast populations, a huge distribution network and infrastructure to maintain etc.

Quote:We want to go faster than 40 because our minds are all buzzed up from consuming way too much highly stimulating data from an ever expanding array of media which is shoving itself in to every little corner of our life.
Speculation. You got fuck all data on that - and you're the prick who likes to lecture people about logic?

Quote:Somebody here is probably reading this on the toilet, because they couldn't bear being away from the stimulation of the net long enough to take a shit. :-)

That's the problem, not speed limits.
Your mama's the problem, kid. If she coulda just told your Pa to use a condom we wouldn't have to deal with any of this shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2014, 12:36 AM
(25-12-2014 12:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 09:55 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Is your point that the speeding on every highway is actually the fault of speed limits that are too high?

No they are set too low as a money making system. Take the german Autobahn for instance on the unregulated section they have less accidents than occur on the 100% regulated American Highways. When you arbitrarily set the speed limit too low it makes the average person just ignore it entirely, people only drive at a speed they feel is safe regardless of the posted limit. By setting the limit so low that the average person disregards it you create a much more dangerous situation where there is no acceptable speed. If you go the limit you will cause accidents by going, in some cases, as much as 20-30 mph below the average rate of traffic if you keep up with the flow you are breaking the law. If you raise the limit to what the standard rate of traffic is anyway it means cops can grab the few idiots who need to push past everyone else and drive recklessly.

To be fair, there are other factors. Licenses in Germany are much harder to get, ensuring that those who do have licenses pass a much higher bar of skill and knowledge. But then again not everybody needs one because they have reliable public transportation for those who either cannot pass the driving test or simply choose not to use their own vehicle.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2014, 02:49 AM
On speed limits.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-03-2015, 09:19 PM
“Florida...because we want to be more like Mississippi”

Officials at Florida’s DEP have banned the words “climate change” and “global warming” from all official communications, including reports and emails, according to an investigation published Sunday by the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting (FCIR).

“We were told not to use the terms ‘climate change,’ ‘global warming’ or ‘sustainability,’” Christopher Byrd, who served as an attorney with the DEP’s Office of General Counsel from 2008 to 2013, told FCIR. “That message was communicated to me and my colleagues by our superiors in the Office of General Counsel.”

http://guff.com/florida-officials-ban-th...0?ts_pid=2

With this type of thinking if we ban the words homeless, hungry and crime we could really make some positive strides!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Gasp

NEW HAVEN (The Borowitz Report)—After a report from the Yale Center on Climate Change Communication showed that the term “climate change” elicits relatively little concern from the American public, leading scientists are recommending replacing it with a new term: “You will be burnt to a crisp and die.”

Other terms under consideration by the scientists include “your cities will be ravaged by tsunamis and floods” and “earth will be a fiery hellhole incapable of supporting human life.”

Scientists were generally supportive of the suggestions, with many favoring the term “your future will involve rowing a boat down a river of rotting corpses.”

“Any of these terms would do a better job conveying the urgency of the problem,” Tracy Klugian, a spokesperson for the newly renamed Yale Center for Oh My God Wake Up You Assholes, said.

Get news satire from The Borowitz Report.

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-03-2015, 06:29 AM
(09-03-2015 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Officials at Florida’s DEP have banned the words “climate change” and “global warming” from all official communications, including reports and emails, according to an investigation published Sunday by the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting (FCIR).

“We were told not to use the terms ‘climate change,’ ‘global warming’ or ‘sustainability,’” Christopher Byrd, who served as an attorney with the DEP’s Office of General Counsel from 2008 to 2013, told FCIR. “That message was communicated to me and my colleagues by our superiors in the Office of General Counsel.”

How very Orwellian of them.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-03-2015, 06:43 AM
(10-03-2015 06:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Officials at Florida’s DEP have banned the words “climate change” and “global warming” from all official communications, including reports and emails, according to an investigation published Sunday by the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting (FCIR).

How very Orwellian of them.
Drinking Beverage

It's their version of the "Wedge Strategy".

They have their heads wedged firmly in their asses. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I...uh...I agree with the Mayor of Fort Lauderdale. "I'm not satisfied with having a cycle of homeless in the city of Fort Lauderdale," Seiler said. "Providing them with a meal and keeping them in that cycle on the street is not productive."

I'm sorry, but why should you feed someone who is a visible drain on resources and does nothing to help themselves. If nothing else, there should be...I don't know...work camps in which they are made to work in cleaning up the community, in return for food.

Το βάρος της απόδειξης βαρύνει αυτούς που κάνουν την αξίωση
14-03-2015, 01:12 PM
(14-03-2015 10:09 AM)Αθεία Αμβρόσιος Wrote:  I'm sorry, but why should you feed someone who is a visible drain on resources and does nothing to help themselves.

It's... the issue is that they made it *illegal* to feed the homeless. By all means establish your work for food program or whatever the fuck else, but just because *you* can't see a reason why doesn't mean you get the right to obstruct other people from performing a generous action.

Besides, *you yourself* are a visible drain on resources and not obviously useful. I sentence you to the work camps. See how that works out for you Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post