wow, just wow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 02:20 PM
wow, just wow.
A friend of mine posted this on his facebook today, I knew he was religious but I never thought he was this indoctrinated...

Quote:Me: God, can I ask You a question? God: Sure Me: Promise You won't get mad God: I promise Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today? God: What do u mean? Me: Well, I woke up late God: Yes Me: My car took forever to start God: Okay Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait God: Huummm Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call God: All right Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that? God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that Me (humbled): OH GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road. Me: (ashamed) God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work. Me (embarrassed):Okay God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered. Me (softly): I see God God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark. Me: I'm Sorry God God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad. Me: I will trust You. God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan. Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today. God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children... REPOST if you Believe in HIM Worth posting. Like the page Astig FM and Visit http://www.astigfm.net.. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wardonis's post
22-01-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: wow, just wow.
"NURSE! He`s doing it again!"

That`s how I react when people talk to themselves.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
22-01-2014, 02:30 PM
And I prescribe antipsychotics.
Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
22-01-2014, 02:32 PM
mmmm.... talking to yourself, the first sign of madness.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-01-2014, 02:32 PM
That is a very old Christian propaganda bullshit story on the same level of single footprints on the beach. Your friend is just like every other mindless spineless Christian who can't think for himself so he reposts the same shit they all do.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-01-2014, 02:33 PM
(22-01-2014 02:20 PM)wardonis Wrote:  A friend of mine posted this on his facebook today, I knew he was religious but I never thought he was this indoctrinated...

Quote:Me: God, can I ask You a question? God: Sure Me: Promise You won't get mad God: I promise Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today? God: What do u mean? Me: Well, I woke up late God: Yes Me: My car took forever to start God: Okay Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait God: Huummm Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call God: All right Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that? God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that Me (humbled): OH GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road. Me: (ashamed) God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work. Me (embarrassed):Okay God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered. Me (softly): I see God God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark. Me: I'm Sorry God God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad. Me: I will trust You. God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan. Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today. God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children... REPOST if you Believe in HIM Worth posting. Like the page Astig FM and Visit http://www.astigfm.net.. Thanks!

There are a zillion people out there who think that is just the cutest story.... Confused

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-01-2014, 02:39 PM
That's a little scary
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Now I'm afraid to go to fb. Weeping

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-01-2014, 02:49 PM
It's just meant to be a cute/humorous little story that teaches a Christian lesson. Sure it's cheesy and lame, but I don't think any Christian thinks this is a literal transcript between a guy and God.

The gist of the story is scripturally sound, albeit petty. It teaches the Biblical lesson that God has a plan and that plan is greater than any plan that we know.

Would you think the same thing if someone posted an Aesop Fable? They use fantastic elements to teach similar lessons (obviously not the lesson of God's plan, but you get the idea).

Just sayin'. I think some of the criticism here is simply because of the person's religiosity.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-01-2014, 02:59 PM
(22-01-2014 02:32 PM)Marozz Wrote:  mmmm.... talking to yourself, the first sign of madness.

Shit. I do that all the time. Does this mean I'm "insane" crazy, or "crazy like a fox" crazy?

(22-01-2014 02:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  That is a very old Christian propaganda bullshit story on the same level of single footprints on the beach. Your friend is just like every other mindless spineless Christian who can't think for himself so he reposts the same shit they all do.

Heh. I used to like that story, too. Oddly enough, my wife was puzzled why I didn't want a poster of it after I'd been atheist for over a year.