wow, just wow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: wow, just wow.
(23-01-2014 09:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Ignore it. It's not worth getting fired over. As a general rule, keep religion separate from work (unless it is your work).

My coworker refused to keep religion seperate from the work place for a long time. So finally I decided, "Okay, let's really talk about your religion, and what your religion actually is and believes".

The end result being that she no longer brings it up.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
23-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Sorry, wrong account. Didn't realize my roommate had been on since my last time on the. Computer.
23-01-2014, 10:13 AM
(23-01-2014 09:59 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 09:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Ignore it. It's not worth getting fired over. As a general rule, keep religion separate from work (unless it is your work).

My coworker refused to keep religion seperate from the work place for a long time. So finally I decided, "Okay, let's really talk about your religion, and what your religion actually is and believes".

The end result being that she no longer brings it up.

That can work, and I'm glad it worked in your favor.

Luckily for me, I work at a large enough (and global) company that we're explicitly told not to force our views on other people. In the training video, the example was a pushy religious person trying to talk a coworker into their belief system to help them, and the coworker politely, repeatedly asking them to stop. Also, the only coworker that I know well enough to talk about such things is atheist.
23-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Tell your friend to ask God why he allows child rape to happen. Tell him to read this article about a 9-year-old girl in Brazil whose family was excommunicated from the church because she had an abortion:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...40165.html

She had been impregnated with twins by a stepfather who had been raping her for years, and without the abortion she would have died. Oh, and the stepfather who was raping her was not excommunicated. Tell him to ask God about this and let me know what he says that God told him. If shit like that is part of God's plan, then God is a prick, plain and simple.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain