wtf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: wtf
You'll know if it's dead when you see a bug- angel floating out of your ear. Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Fuck - I am going to have to fly to NZ and be a mom to Muffsy and get that damn bug out of his ear. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-01-2015, 10:40 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this but anyway there's a little suction device you can use to maybe extract it. These are used on babies so they're safe.

If you don't get that bug out of your ear it could become infected

[Image: Nasal.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-01-2015, 10:40 PM
(01-01-2015 09:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  You'll know if it's dead when you see a bug- angel floating out of your ear. Angel

[Image: woolly_aphid_hilma_2_216x300.jpg]

Like this?? Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-01-2015, 11:23 PM
I don’t understand the instantaneous rejection of using a light. Of all the solutions ventured, that one alone had no downside risk at all; if it failed it wouldn’t make the situation worse. It would also be easy to accomplish without assistance, and in a short time (by using a flashlight, for example).

It made no sense whatsoever to reject it. Try it; if it fails, then move on to other solutions. But with no costs associated with attempting it, and a positive chance of success, especially if the insect was a flying insect, it seemed madness to NOT try it. If it worked it would have gotten the bug out intact. I say that not out of concern for the bug but because ALL the other methods described would have left a mangled carcass in the ear that would have be extracted, exposing the ear to risk of further injury.

The other thing I don’t understand is the presumption that, in rejecting the nurse’s very sound suggestion, someone NOT qualified to practice medicine, NOT trained in it, NOT knowledgeable in it believes he knows better than the professional what to do. This is high madness. By the time you’ve survived into your mid 20s it should be glaringly obvious that much of the world operates counter-intuitively, that “common sense” is usually neither. If a professional with more training and experience than I’ve got says to try something I think sounds idiotic, the idiot will be me for presuming to think I know better.

ESPECIALLY if what’s been suggested has NO risk, is EASY and QUICK, and has some chance of success, and EVERY other solution BEGINS by making it worse: creating a dead hulk that has to be taken out by mechanical means.

That's the entire Hippocratic oath: FIRST, do NO HARM. Isn't it?
03-01-2015, 11:46 PM
(03-01-2015 11:23 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  I don’t understand the instantaneous rejection of using a light. Of all the solutions ventured, that one alone had no downside risk at all; if it failed it wouldn’t make the situation worse. It would also be easy to accomplish without assistance, and in a short time (by using a flashlight, for example).

It made no sense whatsoever to reject it. Try it; if it fails, then move on to other solutions. But with no costs associated with attempting it, and a positive chance of success, especially if the insect was a flying insect, it seemed madness to NOT try it. If it worked it would have gotten the bug out intact. I say that not out of concern for the bug but because ALL the other methods described would have left a mangled carcass in the ear that would have be extracted, exposing the ear to risk of further injury.

The other thing I don’t understand is the presumption that, in rejecting the nurse’s very sound suggestion, someone NOT qualified to practice medicine, NOT trained in it, NOT knowledgeable in it believes he knows better than the professional what to do. This is high madness. By the time you’ve survived into your mid 20s it should be glaringly obvious that much of the world operates counter-intuitively, that “common sense” is usually neither. If a professional with more training and experience than I’ve got says to try something I think sounds idiotic, the idiot will be me for presuming to think I know better.

ESPECIALLY if what’s been suggested has NO risk, is EASY and QUICK, and has some chance of success, and EVERY other solution BEGINS by making it worse: creating a dead hulk that has to be taken out by mechanical means.

Damn. I guess so. Confused

Fucking earbugs and shit.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Muffs are you willing to risk an infection or worse by not going to see the doctor for less than $100 Huh

That's insane.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-01-2015, 12:19 AM
(03-01-2015 11:23 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  I don’t understand the instantaneous rejection of using a light. Of all the solutions ventured, that one alone had no downside risk at all; if it failed it wouldn’t make the situation worse. It would also be easy to accomplish without assistance, and in a short time (by using a flashlight, for example).

The downside is that it was flapping around, painfully, inside my ear. It would waste time for something that obviously would not work, not only because it was a stupid idea but because the bug was stuck in my ear wax and couldn't actually get out AND there was a small light right near my head (on my fan) that it could have flown to anyway.

She didn't know the solution, she had to google it after 10minutes of giving her my details (this is a 24hour medical advice hotline, I shouldn't have to give my details, just give me the fucking advice) so yeah, I did actually know more than her at this point (thanks to TTA).

Further, the water (or oil, or alcohol) was not suppose to just kill it but also flush it out (thus killing two birds with one stone).

Quote:Muffs are you willing to risk an infection or worse by not going to see the doctor for less than $100

Yip.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Thanks assholes, I'm now sleeping with either earmuffs or a headband on from now on. Fuckers ruined sleep for me... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-01-2015, 12:51 AM
(04-01-2015 12:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thanks assholes, I'm now sleeping with either earmuffs or a headband on from now on. Fuckers ruined sleep for me... Dodgy

Just think of all the bugs you swallow while you sleep...

Night night Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post