wtf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: wtf
I had an ant go in my ear once. My grandma told me to hum as loud and deep as I could. The ant crawled out in about 30 seconds. Now I'm not sure if the humming worked or if it was a trick to calm me down (I was ten and freaking out), but the ant made its way out pretty quickly.

Can't hurt to try.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
31-12-2014, 12:56 PM
(31-12-2014 12:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 12:14 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Hope the bug is out, I'd be freakin'. I've seen too many parasite and botfly youtube vids to be as patient to you. I'd be off to the hospital immediately. EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that freaky earwig thing from the Star Teek movies that burrows it's way through your head and attached itself to your brainstem and makes you tell the truth.

Yeah ... that happened to me once. It burrowed in an then made me repeat over and over, "Gordon is fucked in the head," ad nausium.

Damn bugs ...

Weeping

J/K

Smile

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
31-12-2014, 12:58 PM
(31-12-2014 12:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 12:47 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yeah- and maybe the one Muffs has can control him! That is one way for him to accomplish his world domination I suppose. Consider

But then the bug would be in control.

Until it crawls out, then Muffs is in control and the bug is lunch- win!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
31-12-2014, 01:08 PM
(31-12-2014 12:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
Not to mention that freaky earwig thing from the Star Teek movies that burrows it's way through your head and attached itself to your brainstem and makes you tell the truth.

It's Muffsy yer talking about, here.

How would you tell the difference?

How do you know that didn't happen years ago?

Huh

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-12-2014, 01:11 PM
(31-12-2014 09:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There is a fucking bug stuck in my fucking ear, it keeps fluttering around and I can't get the fucking thing out. It hurts, it's loud and it's uncomfortable as fuck.
It's also 4:43am.

I seriously have no idea what to do right now.

[Image: 660125.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Cthulhu Dreaming's post
31-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Sorry muffs, just waking up.

When I have irrigated ears in the past (like no shit, at least 40), I would use hydrogen peroxide diluted with WARM water with a syringe with a large bore IV catheter on the end.. It will bubble in there (don't use cold, it will hurt like hell and possibly make you fall or vomit). A turkey baster could easily substitute for a syringe, so pick one up at the same time you pick up the peroxide, assuming the fucker is still in there. Maybe it will help.

I'm fairly certain the alligator forceps that I've used to remove foreign objects including insects is not available....

Hahahah, light to draw it out. What a fuckin dumbass.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Re: wtf
Had a beetle in my ear in the past. Lite bastard flapped so hard for so long that it brought me to my knees and made my ear canal bleed.

If it's alive when it comes out, go all medieval on it and stomp the shit out of it.
31-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Am I the only person who thought it might be a good idea to waste a few minutes of a doctor's time on this?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
31-12-2014, 02:16 PM
(31-12-2014 02:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Am I the only person who thought it might be a good idea to waste a few minutes of a doctor's time on this?

In theory, yes, but the only way you're going to get a few minutes of a doctor's time before February is to go to the emergency room, and a bug in your ear is not going to be a high priority for them unless they're having a slow day.

If this happened to me, I would get out my ear wax removal kit, which is basically the same sort of thing Nurse was describing. I'm sure it would work well for bugs as well as ear wax.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-12-2014, 02:21 PM
(31-12-2014 02:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Am I the only person who thought it might be a good idea to waste a few minutes of a doctor's time on this?

I'm not familiar with the healthcare system in New Zealand. I've seen patients use the ED for things like this while uninsured, and the visit cost them thousands of dollars out of pocket - something they couldn't afford and would later receive outrageous bills, debt collector calls, etc. Just trying to give a home remedy.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman