wtf, Tennessee?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 08:17 AM

RE: wtf, Tennessee?
(22-03-2012 08:06 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The list of example topics is particularly telling:

The teaching of some scientific subjects, including, but not limited to,
biological evolution, the chemical origins of life, global warming, and human
cloning, can cause controversy

So, do Tn schools really teach human cloning? Where is stem cell research on this list. Perhaps we should be teaching students in Tn abou tall the benefits of stem cell research. Since the only weak objections to it are religious based which is not allowed by the bill, then we should have no issue there. Where are these teachers going to get credible evidence that evolution may not be true? AiG? The Discovery Institute? We can be sure that this will set TN back a few decades.

What the legislators and the EXTREMELY religious want is to make public schools LIKE a private Christian school. They wont stop till its done. They want 10 commandments displayed in schools, they are STILL mad that prayer was removed (and send countless emails about how worse schools are now), they want to pray at football games, they want to be able to hand out tracts, they want bible classes taught as legit classes. I SHIT YOU NOT!

I am still involved (via my recording studio business) with MANY Christians. When in the studio they 'let their hair down' and i really hear what these folks want. The belief that if we 'TURN BACK TO GOD and this nation will be great AGAIN' is the overall desire. Its as if we are currently LESS than what we can be because we are more secular.
Its this DANGEROUS and deadly mix of Patriotism and Religion...and it got its rebirth right after 9/11.
These people do NOT see us turning this nation into a 100% CHRISTIAN nation as actually turning us into a Theocracy or American Taliban. They dont!
They honestly believe that we get back to god and 'The Beavers Grades will be 100 again, Eddie Haskel will act right, June will make apple pies like she used to Ward will quit fucking his secretary late at night when he's late at the office'. Its this truly simpleton one size fits all solution. If we all just smile and love Jesus like he loves us then tinkerbell will hit us on the head with our wand and we'll live happily ever after...................so by nuking science and replacing it with the bible...thats the only way we can do it! BUT those LIBERAL educators have worked hard to plant the seeds of doubt with that false Monkey Science of Evolution that they have to do it covertly.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
22-03-2012, 08:22 AM
(22-03-2012 08:17 AM)Denicio Wrote:  They honestly believe that we get back to god and 'The Beavers Grades will be 100 again, Eddie Haskel will act right, June will make apple pies like she used to Ward will quit fucking his secretary late at night when he's late at the office'. Its this truly simpleton one size fits all solution. If we all just smile and love Jesus like he loves us then tinkerbell will hit us on the head with our wand and we'll live happily ever after...................so by nuking science and replacing it with the bible...thats the only way we can do it! BUT those LIBERAL educators have worked hard to plant the seeds of doubt with that false Monkey Science of Evolution that they have to do it covertly.

It's like listening to a Santorum or Mike Huckabee speech. Scary.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 12:19 PM
(22-03-2012 08:17 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 08:06 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The list of example topics is particularly telling:

The teaching of some scientific subjects, including, but not limited to,
biological evolution, the chemical origins of life, global warming, and human
cloning, can cause controversy

So, do Tn schools really teach human cloning? Where is stem cell research on this list. Perhaps we should be teaching students in Tn abou tall the benefits of stem cell research. Since the only weak objections to it are religious based which is not allowed by the bill, then we should have no issue there. Where are these teachers going to get credible evidence that evolution may not be true? AiG? The Discovery Institute? We can be sure that this will set TN back a few decades.

What the legislators and the EXTREMELY religious want is to make public schools LIKE a private Christian school. They wont stop till its done. They want 10 commandments displayed in schools, they are STILL mad that prayer was removed (and send countless emails about how worse schools are now), they want to pray at football games, they want to be able to hand out tracts, they want bible classes taught as legit classes. I SHIT YOU NOT!

I am still involved (via my recording studio business) with MANY Christians. When in the studio they 'let their hair down' and i really hear what these folks want. The belief that if we 'TURN BACK TO GOD and this nation will be great AGAIN' is the overall desire. Its as if we are currently LESS than what we can be because we are more secular.
Its this DANGEROUS and deadly mix of Patriotism and Religion...and it got its rebirth right after 9/11.
These people do NOT see us turning this nation into a 100% CHRISTIAN nation as actually turning us into a Theocracy or American Taliban. They dont!
They honestly believe that we get back to god and 'The Beavers Grades will be 100 again, Eddie Haskel will act right, June will make apple pies like she used to Ward will quit fucking his secretary late at night when he's late at the office'. Its this truly simpleton one size fits all solution. If we all just smile and love Jesus like he loves us then tinkerbell will hit us on the head with our wand and we'll live happily ever after...................so by nuking science and replacing it with the bible...thats the only way we can do it! BUT those LIBERAL educators have worked hard to plant the seeds of doubt with that false Monkey Science of Evolution that they have to do it covertly.

Yeah, Tennessee wasn't the first and won't be the last to try this stuff. Now they have the abstinence bill... again (Denicio's thread):

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t-it-AGAIN

It's a full on battle and the Vols apparently see themselves as the front line against... against something. I'm not even sure what they think they are truly accomplishing. Like you said, Denicio, they just think it will get better with God. They don't realize that it's not God that makes it better, it's the followers that have to do that. I guess they figure if they force everyone to be religious again, then religion will get a good name again. They are actually correct in a way, because if you are intelligent and have no choice, but still want humanity to thrive, then you are going to do what you can to do that whether or not you are forced in a religion... that doesn't make religion better... not saying that's exactly what they are trying to do, but little steps. Not sure why they can't see a benefit in secularism. Maybe because Christians are the majority, they don't see the benefit. "what's it going to do for me?" and they also probably see it as stifling to them because they can't force... uh, brainwash... uh, convert everyone to their side.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-03-2012, 06:43 AM
I am waiting to see something like this next:

-Tenn. Senate Passes Bill to Allow Debate over Physics-

A bill that would allow teachers to encourage students to critique existing scientific theories such as Gravity and Quantum theory was passed by the Tennessee State Senate this week.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post