www.jesus-is-savior.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: www.jesus-is-savior.com
(29-05-2016 09:59 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  [i][i][i]The Bible Captian Planet is penned in black on white paper, for the world to read. Please take a look around you, the next time that you visit your local grocery store, as you fill your cart with blessing after blessing from God Ted Turner. We breath God's Captian's clean air (unless men have polluted it). We drink God's Captian Planet's pure water (unless men have polluted it). God Captian Planet is a good God Captian. We enjoy the blessing of health from God Captian Planet. If God Captian Planet remains faithful to reach out to us, we can never blame him in eternity for refusing Him.

Fixed. See how easy that was? I guess this proves Captian Planet is real. Praise be.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
30-05-2016, 07:43 AM
(29-05-2016 04:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow those sinful rock-n-rollers huh? Yeah those heathens are the worst, with their...music...and it's all loud with the electric guitars and drums and the bass drops, they need some knee drops..for God...ya know like kneeling, right? Am I right?

I love that one part about evolution "I was just thinking the other day, why is there no written or recorded history from over 4,000 years ago?" Too bad he didn't think to actually research it, then his "thoughts" would be interfered with, by truth and actual history. Our earliest recorded history is around 6,000 years ago and why wasn't there any records before that? Well, we have a fossil record, carbon dating, genetic testing, and it took us awhile to learn how to farm, settle in one area....wow I just realized I learned this stuff in 6th grade, maybe even earlier but wow how can you be an adult running a website and not know this basic info?

Also I'm pretty sure "This thought I had the other day..." isn't valid scientific evidence for why evolution is a hoax. But for people like this guy he wouldn't care anyway, what's evidence? Oh you mean that stuff atheists worship? Those lies!? Yeah, no thanks, I want to actually go to Heaven, I'll just sit in here in my ignorance. It's nice, like a warm blanket. Facepalm

Then there's cave paintings from about 38000 years ago.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-05-2016, 12:26 PM
(30-05-2016 07:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 04:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow those sinful rock-n-rollers huh? Yeah those heathens are the worst, with their...music...and it's all loud with the electric guitars and drums and the bass drops, they need some knee drops..for God...ya know like kneeling, right? Am I right?

I love that one part about evolution "I was just thinking the other day, why is there no written or recorded history from over 4,000 years ago?" Too bad he didn't think to actually research it, then his "thoughts" would be interfered with, by truth and actual history. Our earliest recorded history is around 6,000 years ago and why wasn't there any records before that? Well, we have a fossil record, carbon dating, genetic testing, and it took us awhile to learn how to farm, settle in one area....wow I just realized I learned this stuff in 6th grade, maybe even earlier but wow how can you be an adult running a website and not know this basic info?

Also I'm pretty sure "This thought I had the other day..." isn't valid scientific evidence for why evolution is a hoax. But for people like this guy he wouldn't care anyway, what's evidence? Oh you mean that stuff atheists worship? Those lies!? Yeah, no thanks, I want to actually go to Heaven, I'll just sit in here in my ignorance. It's nice, like a warm blanket. Facepalm

Then there's cave paintings from about 38000 years ago.

Not to mention, there's also the Venus figurines, too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2016, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 12:46 PM by SitaSky.)
(30-05-2016 07:43 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Then there's cave paintings from about 38000 years ago.

I actually had to study these paintings in art school, they were often called "Sympatheic magic", I always liked that term, could be a good book name. Some of the animal paintings even had chip marks in them from weapons being thrown at the wall, either for practice or for good luck on the hunt, maybe both.

There was a student in my class that asked how we know it's that old, of course we went over carbon dating and they huffed and puffed about it, "I don't see how it could be tested without any doubt to be that old..." That's how young Earth creationists ruin everything.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
30-05-2016, 12:50 PM
(30-05-2016 12:40 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  [quote='TheInquisition' pid='1004802' dateline='1464615826']
There was a student in my class that asked how we know it's that old, of course we went over carbon dating and they huffed and puffed about it, "I don't see how it could be tested without any doubt to be that old..." That's how young Earth creationists ruin everything.
Point out to them that their inability to understand doesn't invalidate the test results, it only invalidates their ability to understand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 7 users Like jabeady's post
30-05-2016, 08:42 PM
(30-05-2016 07:20 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 09:59 AM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  [i][i][i]The Bible Captian Planet is penned in black on white paper, for the world to read. Please take a look around you, the next time that you visit your local grocery store, as you fill your cart with blessing after blessing from God Ted Turner. We breath God's Captian's clean air (unless men have polluted it). We drink God's Captian Planet's pure water (unless men have polluted it). God Captian Planet is a good God Captian. We enjoy the blessing of health from God Captian Planet. If God Captian Planet remains faithful to reach out to us, we can never blame him in eternity for refusing Him.

Fixed. See how easy that was? I guess this proves Captian Planet is real. Praise be.

"The power is yours!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGegECwSiGY

Sorry, I had to do it!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes SkepticalDaniel's post
30-05-2016, 08:55 PM
(29-05-2016 11:12 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  TL;DR

Sadly christians see themselves as being worthless and in need of saving.

They're right about the worthless part.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
31-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Sam old same old. God is good, man is bad. Quoting a self contradictory passage from the bible ( what is invisible is clearly seen) without any understanding of why a contradiction is bad. Evolution false, therefor God. Blah, Blah. If atheists are the biggest bunch of fools around what does it make these Christians who spout the same PRATTs over and over again?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
01-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Mr. Stewart is on covert mission for the CIA shaming Christianity.
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
(30-05-2016 08:55 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 11:12 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  TL;DR

Sadly christians see themselves as being worthless and in need of saving.

They're right about the worthless part.

Heynow. I don't think you can say that christians are worthless. Their ideas are, but the people certainly aren't. There is a distinction between the people and their ideas.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post