yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3
All i seem to find is the wonders of 3D printing,but this guy has a different and interesting perspective

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 10:08 AM
(23-07-2013 09:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 09:48 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It might do that.

History shows that new technologies that are disruptive create new businesses. There will be winners and losers.

In this case, the winners are likely to be the people and not big business.

I checked my Magic 8 Ball on this. Yes

There will be 'Blockbusters' and there will be 'Netflix' in the brave new world of 3D printing.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 10:13 AM
(23-07-2013 09:44 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seems to me that it creates opportunities for small businesses and craftsmen.
Sounds good for the economy.Consider

It also might devastate the economy with widespread private personal use. I am not saying it will, I am just saying that I think the future is pretty cloudy. Consider

Take a look at the future. 3-D printing is going to replace traditional manufacturing over the next 50 years. If you're swinging a wrench making artifacts on an assembly line, I'd start training for a new career now.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-07-2013, 10:15 AM

History shows that new technologies that are disruptive create new businesses. There will be winners and losers.

If a corporation were to purchase them in bulk, the little guy's life will remain unchanged.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-07-2013, 10:16 AM
(23-07-2013 10:13 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Take a look at the future. 3-D printing is going to replace traditional manufacturing over the next 50 years. If you're swinging a wrench making artifacts on an assembly line, I'd start training for a new career now.

Thanks, Captain McFucking Obvious. But wait, go ahead, look around. There isn't a massive push to learn 3D modeling.

23-07-2013, 10:16 AM
(23-07-2013 10:13 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 09:44 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It also might devastate the economy with widespread private personal use. I am not saying it will, I am just saying that I think the future is pretty cloudy. Consider

Take a look at the future. 3-D printing is going to replace traditional manufacturing over the next 50 years. If you're swinging a wrench making artifacts on an assembly line, I'd start training for a new career now.

Actually now that I think about it....

Poor China.

We actually have the ability through 3D printing to take back manufacturing. Which means they had better transition into a race to develop a parallel service economy and consumer base (which they are).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Well the 3-D printer manufacturers will profit and become a big corporation from the boom.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

23-07-2013, 10:17 AM
(23-07-2013 10:16 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 10:13 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Take a look at the future. 3-D printing is going to replace traditional manufacturing over the next 50 years. If you're swinging a wrench making artifacts on an assembly line, I'd start training for a new career now.

Actually now that I think about it....

Poor China.

We actually have the ability through 3D printing to take back manufacturing. Which means they had better transition into a race to develop a parallel service economy and consumer base (which they are).

I only see corporations still outproducing the small guy. I don't foresee a change.

23-07-2013, 10:20 AM
(23-07-2013 10:16 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Thanks, Captain McFucking Obvious. But wait, go ahead, look around. There isn't a massive push to learn 3D modeling.

Well Detective Dipshit there actually is.

You ever seen a drafting program at a community college or engineering programs at the major universities. They're ALL 3-D feature based solid modeling.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Well,you can only make plastic stuff with it,the plastic costs atleast $30 a kilogram, it takes hours or days to make your stuff(depending on layer size and product size) and you have to learn using a CAD program(wich is not cheap if you want a profesional training. My dad paid €4000,- for the training a few years back) and you have to buy the machine.

Come to think of it,not a nice deal

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....