yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3
(23-07-2013 10:32 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well,you can only make plastic stuff with it,the plastic costs atleast $30 a kilogram, it takes hours or days to make your stuff(depending on layer size and product size) and you have to learn using a CAD program(wich is not cheap if you want a profesional training. My dad paid €4000,- for the training a few years back) and you have to buy the machine.

Come to think of it,not a nice deal

Yeah at the consumer level right now. 3D printing is on the way for everything from organs to houses to pastries. The cost of the materials will drop, the range of materials will expand.

...and some of us are good with software, you can spend €4000 on photoshop training to but that doesn't stop the rest of us from making hilarious shops. Heck I learned 3D animation on my own, CAD can't be that much harder (probably easier given there is no timeline)...and everyone I know who does any type of architecture or engineering knows CAD, even my old stage craft professor (hooray for throwaway courses) was running CAD for his set designs.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 10:46 AM
(23-07-2013 10:39 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 10:32 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well,you can only make plastic stuff with it,the plastic costs atleast $30 a kilogram, it takes hours or days to make your stuff(depending on layer size and product size) and you have to learn using a CAD program(wich is not cheap if you want a profesional training. My dad paid €4000,- for the training a few years back) and you have to buy the machine.

Yeah at the consumer level right now. 3D printing is on the way for everything from organs to houses to pastries. The cost of the materials will drop, the range of materials will expand.

...and some of us are good with software, you can spend €4000 on photoshop training to but that doesn't stop the rest of us from making hilarious shops. Heck I learned 3D animation on my own, CAD can't be that much harder (probably easier given there is no timeline)...and everyone I know who does any type of architecture or engineering knows CAD, even my old stage craft professor (hooray for throwaway courses) was running CAD for his set designs.
well,if the material range expands and the price of the material used drops,it will be a good deal.

I can work with CAD a little,but not that much.
It isnt that it is complex,its just that i do not see the use of it and i find it boring..
But if 3D printers become cheap for the average citicen,i will use it and therefore learn it a bit

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 11:03 AM
(23-07-2013 10:20 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 10:16 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Thanks, Captain McFucking Obvious. But wait, go ahead, look around. There isn't a massive push to learn 3D modeling.

Well Detective Dipshit there actually is.

You ever seen a drafting program at a community college or engineering programs at the major universities. They're ALL 3-D feature based solid modeling.

No, Sergeant Shitface, there is not a corporate push for 3D modeling education. Right now, intensives are being laid out for computer programmers.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-07-2013, 11:33 AM
(23-07-2013 11:03 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 10:20 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well Detective Dipshit there actually is.

You ever seen a drafting program at a community college or engineering programs at the major universities. They're ALL 3-D feature based solid modeling.

No, Sergeant Shitface, there is not a corporate push for 3D modeling education. Right now, intensives are being laid out for computer programmers.

Oh yes there is, Asshat McFuckface. Every single company I worked for as an aerospace engineer provided 3-D training to its employees involved with R&D. And machinists receive CAM training as well.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-07-2013, 11:52 AM
(23-07-2013 11:33 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Oh yes there is, Asshat McFuckface. Every single company I worked for as an aerospace engineer provided 3-D training to its employees involved with R&D. And machinists receive CAM training as well.

Yes, Dickfart McQueef, there is a substantial push in the engineering industry. Not many people apply for training in the engineering industry. Colleges are currently pushing for programmers.
i srsly wonder how many names we will come up for each other by the time this is done XD

23-07-2013, 12:38 PM
(23-07-2013 11:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 11:33 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Oh yes there is, Asshat McFuckface. Every single company I worked for as an aerospace engineer provided 3-D training to its employees involved with R&D. And machinists receive CAM training as well.

Yes, Dickfart McQueef, there is a substantial push in the engineering industry. Not many people apply for training in the engineering industry. Colleges are currently pushing for programmers.
i srsly wonder how many names we will come up for each other by the time this is done XD

And exactly what does this have to do with the original argument, Gravyknob McRimjob?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

23-07-2013, 12:45 PM
(23-07-2013 12:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  And exactly what does this have to do with the original argument, Gravyknob McRimjob?

That the average person will not receive the proper training for it because there is not a substantial push for it, Cuntstubble McBeefhumper*.

*almost sounds like a McDonalds burger name

23-07-2013, 01:01 PM
(23-07-2013 12:45 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 12:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  And exactly what does this have to do with the original argument, Gravyknob McRimjob?

That the average person will not receive the proper training for it because there is not a substantial push for it, Cuntstubble McBeefhumper*.

*almost sounds like a McDonalds burger name

Wow, that's some serious stupid.............Cherryrot McCuntPunt

Woo! Wooooooo!!!!! Here comes the clue train! If a person needs training for said job, they can get it, either at a community college, or simple by learning it themselves. They're called autodidacts.

There's nothing special or magical about 3-D printing. Anybody with a printer and a PC with a solid modeller e.g. MasterCam, SolidWorks, etc. can make simple objects all the way through complex assemblies with a little practice. And as that technology becomes more and more proliferated throughout industry, there will be more and more demand for programs like this.

If we had followed your logic throughout history, we would have fought the electrification of the United States, since it endangered Steam Engine manufacturers and traditional laborers. Times change. Things change, Humano. You can't just demand everything remain static to support the status quo. It would inhibit a lot of good things to come.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

23-07-2013, 01:18 PM
(23-07-2013 09:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The issue is that this new technology will devastate the economy if it becomes too widespread. I love the idea, but I don't know how it would work.

Hmmm.. there will allway be a need for more polished high durability stuff...

3d printing just means people are empowered and that regular people can invent and sell stuff over the net without having to deal with distribution issues X3

also it might mean people get into electronics more.. as kits become quite a neat way of distributing cheap stuff...

i.e sadder it yourself and print the case Smile

plus if you build it you can repair it... i plan on making headphones :3

(i can never get a pair that last...)
23-07-2013, 01:23 PM

well the plastic does cost a bit.. but there are opensource project for making 3d printer that can use plastic pellets and recycle plastic that way...

that could drastically reduce the cost.

as for learning cad you can actually get away with using google sketchup which is free and stupid easy to learn... (ok so im trained in 3d grafics... but my nephews got into it pretty quick too)