yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: yay im planing on buying a 3d printer <3
also as i mentioned before in window 8.1 3d printing will have native support so it will be as easy as printing to a regular printer...

most likely you will only need google sketchup soon and a 3d printer which can only get cheaper with time...

chineses copies are very prevelant of the maker bot range.. and significantly cheaper but still suposedly with good support the first month or so... (so you can set it up properly and get started)

with thingaverse full of stuff to print to that makes it even more fun Smile

the flashforge comes ready to print with only a hour or so set up first time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 02:06 PM
(23-07-2013 01:01 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Wow, that's some serious stupid.............Cherryrot McCuntPunt

Woo! Wooooooo!!!!! Here comes the clue train! If a person needs training for said job, they can get it, either at a community college, or simple by learning it themselves. They're called autodidacts.

There's nothing special or magical about 3-D printing. Anybody with a printer and a PC with a solid modeller e.g. MasterCam, SolidWorks, etc. can make simple objects all the way through complex assemblies with a little practice. And as that technology becomes more and more proliferated throughout industry, there will be more and more demand for programs like this.

If we had followed your logic throughout history, we would have fought the electrification of the United States, since it endangered Steam Engine manufacturers and traditional laborers. Times change. Things change, Humano. You can't just demand everything remain static to support the status quo. It would inhibit a lot of good things to come.

Woohoo! Here we go, Faggytits McCumguzzler.

I am saying as of now there is no emphasis on 3D modeling and that, despite this product being reasonably priced and available already, there still isn't a push for it.

And if we followed your logic, we wouldn't need programming classes either. I mean, come on, any fat slob could figure out how to program a batch file. Rolleyes

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-07-2013, 02:39 PM
(23-07-2013 02:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 01:01 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Wow, that's some serious stupid.............Cherryrot McCuntPunt

Woo! Wooooooo!!!!! Here comes the clue train! If a person needs training for said job, they can get it, either at a community college, or simple by learning it themselves. They're called autodidacts.

There's nothing special or magical about 3-D printing. Anybody with a printer and a PC with a solid modeller e.g. MasterCam, SolidWorks, etc. can make simple objects all the way through complex assemblies with a little practice. And as that technology becomes more and more proliferated throughout industry, there will be more and more demand for programs like this.

If we had followed your logic throughout history, we would have fought the electrification of the United States, since it endangered Steam Engine manufacturers and traditional laborers. Times change. Things change, Humano. You can't just demand everything remain static to support the status quo. It would inhibit a lot of good things to come.

Woohoo! Here we go, Faggytits McCumguzzler.

I am saying as of now there is no emphasis on 3D modeling and that, despite this product being reasonably priced and available already, there still isn't a push for it.

And if we followed your logic, we wouldn't need programming classes either. I mean, come on, any fat slob could figure out how to program a batch file. Rolleyes

Yeah, Twatbreath McRugmuncher, same as there really wasn't a need for basic computer skills circa 1970, either. Well these technologies came about and people hitched along for the ride just fine.

Remember Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? Mark Zuckerberg? They're all college dropouts - fat slobs if you will - who taught temselves how to write computer programs. And there's a whole underground industry of backyard programmers and CompSci types who learned this stuff on their own.

This isn't true of just computers either. Universities will provide you with a general set of knowledge and skills for a given profession, but most of what you will need to be successful in a career in a particular discipline, you will learn on the job, degree or no degree. Also when you get into the workplace, you'll probably only use about 10% of what you learned in school!

An example of that was when I worked on the Mars Science Laboratory (now known as the Curiosity rover) for JPL back in 2006. A lot of the people on the design team only had fucking trade school degrees. Very few had graduate degrees, or even bachelor's degrees for that matter. And they were responsible for designing a fucking nuclear powered dune buggy for use on Mars, for Christsake! What they did possess was a talent for doing what they did and the ability to learn new skills very quickly.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-07-2013, 02:47 PM
(23-07-2013 02:39 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 02:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Woohoo! Here we go, Faggytits McCumguzzler.

Yeah, Twatbreath McRugmuncher, same as there really wasn't a need for basic computer skills circa 1970, either. Well these technologies came about and people hitched along for the ride just fine.

Remember Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? Mark Zuckerberg? They're all college dropouts - fat slobs if you will - who taught temselves how to write computer programs. And there's a whole underground industry of backyard programmers and CompSci types who learned this stuff on their own.

This isn't true of just computers either. Universities will provide you with a general set of knowledge and skills for a given profession, but most of what you will need to be successful in a career in a particular discipline, you will learn on the job, degree or no degree. Also when you get into the workplace, you'll probably only use about 10% of what you learned in school!

An example of that was when I worked on the Mars Science Laboratory (now known as the Curiosity rover) for JPL back in 2006. A lot of the people on the design team only had fucking trade school degrees. Very few had graduate degrees, or even bachelor's degrees for that matter. And they were responsible for designing a fucking nuclear powered dune buggy for use on Mars, for Christsake! What they did possess was a talent for doing what they did and the ability to learn new skills very quickly.

Yup and programming today is an entirely different beast than even 5 or 10 years ago...Engineers and programmers never stop learning shit...when they do their pay grade freezes.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2013 02:54 PM by Logica Humano.)
(23-07-2013 02:39 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Remember Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? Mark Zuckerberg? They're all college dropouts - fat slobs if you will - who taught temselves how to write computer programs. And there's a whole underground industry of backyard programmers and CompSci types who learned this stuff on their own.

Yep, and do you know how many programmers there are in the United States? A minuscule number have not gone to college. You think everyone has a shot at being like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg (the fact that you mentioned Steve Jobs instead of Wozniak shows how much you know on this subject)? No. The majority of people go to college and study programming and computer science to become a notable computer programmer. All I have been saying is that there is a push for programming classes in college, not 3D modeling. I don't care if you want to get your panties in a bunch over that. What I am saying is true as of now, and I am not wrong.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-07-2013, 03:58 PM
(23-07-2013 02:50 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 02:39 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Remember Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? Mark Zuckerberg? They're all college dropouts - fat slobs if you will - who taught temselves how to write computer programs. And there's a whole underground industry of backyard programmers and CompSci types who learned this stuff on their own.

Yep, and do you know how many programmers there are in the United States? A minuscule number have not gone to college. You think everyone has a shot at being like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg (the fact that you mentioned Steve Jobs instead of Wozniak shows how much you know on this subject)? No. The majority of people go to college and study programming and computer science to become a notable computer programmer. All I have been saying is that there is a push for programming classes in college, not 3D modeling. I don't care if you want to get your panties in a bunch over that. What I am saying is true as of now, and I am not wrong.

Some people are just lucky bastards that are in the right field at the right point in time with just enught tallent...

this is a fair point.. not everyone can be that lucky... education is how you ensure that you at least improve your chanses for being well of if not insanely ritch...

and generally speaking i would say being a drop out is dead stupid...

then again america at least has a stupid education system and years or raganomics has ruined the industrial base...

here in sweden on the other hand a education is free hell you get payed a bit for material.. so if you live with your parrents you can get quite highly educated for more ore less free...

that whay i did. first standard 12 year (last 3rd was studying art) ten i spent a failed year studying 3d but failed my maths though the sciense whent well...
then i switched over to 2 years in a trade school studying programming.

and beond that its been work experience... i worked at a pile of places doing mostly web development and some mobile phone development..

but thanks to my education i have been fairly sucessfull in not being unemployed for very long Smile

i also get a fairly good paycheck for my work hehe.. which is why i can affort fun toys like 3d printers hehe...

im no lucky bastard like billgate because well frankly im not in a emerging market...

capitalism only really works in growing markets.. that when people can cut out that extra big slice of cake...

but that allway normalizes out... and at that point education makes up the differance... though work expreience is good too... but only if its consistent and long lasting and relevant..

with IT qualifications can get out of date pretty quick and work experience might be less relevant then that disploma that matches up better...

there to is the thing about my field.. i cant ever stop learning... or my career is dead X3