yet another Bible-belter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 03:57 PM
RE: yet another Bible-belter
(10-04-2017 02:54 PM)Shirina Wrote:  I'm here for many of the same reasons.

Our pasts are different.

But we're both disabled.

And I'm stuck in a tiny little town where I spent my adolescence -- but my friends here are long gone. Even their parents have left, meaning there's no chance of even bumping into an old friend while they're visiting family.

My computer is essentially my best friend.

Those friends that I do have are far away and phone calls just don't fill that friend-shaped hole. Neither does the internet, to be honest, but it's all I have. We all make do, I guess.

So welcome to the forums; you and I might be somewhat kindred spirits.

I kinda-sorta started reading here after Mordant came here, so I kinda-sorta feel like I know you, even though we never really interacted at all over at the other place. I love your wit!

I have some pretty decent friends here in Dallas (even if they are my seniors by quite a ways), but I live in a freaking HUGE city! Having grown up almost exclusively in towns that had generally less than 200 populations, I feel your pain though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
13-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Welcome bible-belter.

I seldom capitalize bible, can't think of any reason to. [Image: nnGJYAW.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
13-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Hello! Big Grin
13-04-2017, 04:42 PM
(13-04-2017 02:17 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  Welcome bible-belter.

I seldom capitalize bible, can't think of any reason to. [Image: nnGJYAW.gif?zoom=2]

meh ...Bible is still a proper noun I think, but my grammar and spelling are atrocious enough as it is, so no worries when my fingers have a mind of their own around keyboards.
13-04-2017, 04:43 PM
(13-04-2017 04:30 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome! Smile
13-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Welcome! I do understand about the lack of friends local to you. I spent so much time traveling for work and commuting to work that I have a small handful of friends. I'm working on that, but it ain't easy. I go to the local senior center, but it's really like hanging out with my parent's friends, since they are so much older (I'm 64, the next youngest is about 74, except for one guy who is one year older than I. We are hitting it off, so that's good).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Welcome, thanks for sharing your story Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
14-04-2017, 06:28 AM
(13-04-2017 04:43 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 04:30 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome! Smile

> Greetings from Middle Earth! Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
14-04-2017, 08:34 AM
(13-04-2017 06:40 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Welcome! I do understand about the lack of friends local to you. I spent so much time traveling for work and commuting to work that I have a small handful of friends. I'm working on that, but it ain't easy. I go to the local senior center, but it's really like hanging out with my parent's friends, since they are so much older (I'm 64, the next youngest is about 74, except for one guy who is one year older than I. We are hitting it off, so that's good).

Hear ya ...I'm only half-considering the local senior center; pretty well all of my friends these days are retirees. I don't know what's worse, having older friends, or people not noticing that I'm so much younger. Gasp