yo yo, what's up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 06:53 PM
yo yo, what's up!
My name is Nathaniel Titus. My favorite animal is the panda.
I am studying philosophy in college, and I have a lot of questions about the philosophical aspects of atheism and theism. So, I've come to one of the most well known venues of expression for atheists, aka, here!
I am no genius. Just asking for people to explain discrepancies I've noticed.

Truth be told, I am a theist. I am only seeking the truth here. Question everything, right? So here I am.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: yo yo, what's up!
(30-09-2012 06:53 PM)titus221_panda Wrote:  My name is Nathaniel Titus. My favorite animal is the panda.
I am studying philosophy in college, and I have a lot of questions about the philosophical aspects of atheism and theism. So, I've come to one of the most well known venues of expression for atheists, aka, here!

Truth be told, I am a theist. I am only seeking the truth here. Question everything, right? So here I am.

Welcome dude.

I hope you like it here. Looking forward to hearing any questions you have. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-09-2012, 07:09 PM
That's right. Question everything. It is good that you decided to come here to further your knowledge. Hope we can help and welcome
30-09-2012, 07:09 PM
(30-09-2012 06:53 PM)titus221_panda Wrote:  My name is Nathaniel Titus. My favorite animal is the panda.

Welcome.

Why pandas?

Why theism?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 07:13 PM
yo yo, what's up!
Pandas rock. So do questions.

Welcome!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-09-2012, 07:15 PM
As long as you admit you are only functionally insane then you will fit in well here.

We all like asking questions, sometimes we even answer them. But most of us are barely functionally insane and some of us ... JC .... are not so much.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
30-09-2012, 07:19 PM
(30-09-2012 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Welcome.

Why pandas?

Why theism?

Pandas? Have you looked at them? They are adorable. That's objective truth haha

Theism? Grew up in a christian home. It's all I've ever been taught. Philosophy has taught to question theism (also has taught me to atheism, so we will see who wins out)
[+] 1 user Likes titus221_panda's post
30-09-2012, 07:21 PM
(30-09-2012 07:19 PM)titus221_panda Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome.

Why pandas?

Why theism?

Pandas? Have you looked at them? They are adorable. That's objective truth haha

Theism? Grew up in a christian home. It's all I've ever been taught. Philosophy has taught to question theism (also has taught me to atheism, so we will see who wins out)

Atheism takes courage, theism requires subservience. Your call.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2012, 07:21 PM
It's not a competition. But if it were, I imagine religion would always win in the end. So much blind conviction. That gets shit done.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
30-09-2012, 07:24 PM
(30-09-2012 07:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It's not a competition. But if it were, I imagine religion would always win in the end. So much blind conviction. That gets shit done.

Agreed, with both points. You can't win against people who are not willing to listen.
And I would say that I'm not pitting the two against each other in competition, so much as merely searching for answers.