Poll: This girl is a...
ignorant bitch
stupid cunt
[Show Results]

...you've got to be joking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2010, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2010 08:30 PM by latvianxave8.)
...you've got to be joking...
I was explaining to this stupid person at my school (Religious as heck and wore a shirt that says " I Love Jesus" just to spite me) that Christians stole the story of Jesus from the Hindu story of Krishna. I explained to her that Krishna was a deity who humanized himself, came down to earth, performed miracles, then died to save humanity etc etc etc. Afterwords she responds with:

"Oh yeah? Well, the people who celebrate Hinduism are really far away from the people who celebrate Christianity... so how could have Christians stole it from the Hindus?"

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2010, 06:06 PM
RE: ...you've got to be joking...
If I was ever tempted to moderate.....

First off, language doesn't offend me, but seriously dude? Bit much.

Second, your "poll" is absurd. Are you just trying to get people to hate this girl, even though noones met her, and could never make an honest assessment of her character simply by reading your rant? I know you're young, so I can be a little more tolerant, but try to grow up a little, and express yourself in a more mature way.

Lastly, do you honestly believe she wears her clothing specifically to spite you? Even if she does, you just gave her exactly what she wants.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-12-2010, 06:29 PM
(15-12-2010 06:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If I was ever tempted to moderate.....

First off, language doesn't offend me, but seriously dude? Bit much.

Second, your "poll" is absurd. Are you just trying to get people to hate this girl, even though noones met her, and could never make an honest assessment of her character simply by reading your rant? I know you're young, so I can be a little more tolerant, but try to grow up a little, and express yourself in a more mature way.

Lastly, do you honestly believe she wears her clothing specifically to spite you? Even if she does, you just gave her exactly what she wants.

The poll was clearly a joke. How could I expect you people to hate her. Also, she clearly told me that she wore the shirt just to be an ass....

As for the language issue... don't really see how it's a bit much. I've seen people curse waaaay worse than this on several occassions and that's just to me.

The purpose of this thread was just to share an anecdote, sorry if it would appear I was striding for something else.

Fight the system,

15-12-2010, 07:26 PM
(15-12-2010 06:29 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  The poll was clearly a joke. <snip>

As for the language issue... don't really see how it's a bit much. I've seen people curse waaaay worse than this on several occassions and that's just to me.

We understand that. Swearing isn't expressly against the rules here on TTAF, but we generally try to keep it toned down a little.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
15-12-2010, 08:27 PM
You're missing the point entirely. You are trying to say something (joke or not) and unfortunately it's getting lost in the words. As for the poll being "clearly a joke"? The only thing clear to me is that you are angry, and speaking without thinking.

Look, there's no rules against swearing, nor is there against being angry, calling people names, or hating someone. There's also no rules against jokes in poor taste. But when you have something to say, why not say it in a way that people will hear?

15-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Whatever, I apologize for the "foul" language. I will edit the "nasty" words out immediately.

Fight the system,

15-12-2010, 08:33 PM
No need to edit. I'm not offended, but I fear you may be. I'm just saying that you should give your head a quick shake, and try thinking through what you're saying. Open up a little, and try to take some critisism. I'm saying so to be helpful, not to upset you.

15-12-2010, 08:37 PM
If I am offended by anything it is that this girl is so stupid yet she has this smug attitude about herself like she is so smart.

Fight the system,

15-12-2010, 08:54 PM
NOW we're talking. What are the things she says? If she doesn't make a fool of herself, maybe we can expose the foolishness of what she's saying. (Other than the statement you quoted of course. I think making that statement does a fine job of making her look foolish without our help!)

15-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Sadly willful ignorance seems to be a trait of some theists.

Also , being vitriolic to theists is generally a bad idea. It does little in your favor and doesn't help the conversation.