ignorant bitch
stupid cunt
[Show Results]

...you've got to be joking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2010, 09:47 PM
RE: ...you've got to be joking...
Just the general stupid stuff, a lack of understanding of how science works and how the world works. She appears to have little understanding of how freedom of religion works, too, and she seems to not understand what free speech is.

She is also one of those people who think Scientific Theories are educated guesses.

*sigh* *shrug* *facepalm* *V8 V-Fusion*

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2010, 01:12 AM
(15-12-2010 09:47 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  She is also one of those people who think Scientific Theories are educated guesses.

Well, many theists think that scientific theories are uneducated guesses. That means the ther are a lot of stupid theists out there. The fundementalists (fundies) are the worst. I don't even know if those people even think at all.
16-12-2010, 08:42 AM
So what did you reply to her?

And remember to be the one who doesn't get accelerated in this kind of conversations. If she gets accelerated while you're calmly making your points, she'll look like an ass. Even if you're pissed, don't show it in at the moment.

I don't think she's an ignorant bitch, 'cause I don't think she's an animal.
I don't think she's a stupid cunt, 'cause I don't think her cunt covers 100% of her, since she's able to speak.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
16-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Trust me- She's not worth it. I know people like this. As an atheist, if you do wish to be "evangelical" (the irony), you have to engage in discourse with reasonable people, and you have to be persuasive (AKA Don't be a jerk). This person will never come to see it your way, and so debating her about the topic is a waste of time and causes unnecessary conflict. If you do ever get into a confrontation with her though, do as Kikko said. Make her look like the asshole. Remain calm and friendly. Try and make her start the confrontation.
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2010, 06:48 PM

(16-12-2010 08:42 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I don't think she's an ignorant bitch, 'cause I don't think she's an animal.
I don't think she's a stupid cunt, 'cause I don't think her cunt covers 100% of her, since she's able to speak.

Thank you for turning that totally dick poll into something funny. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Hello there, I can understand your fustration, anger, etc, I think that some times debating with religious people is pointless because the conversation itself will become irrational because the other person will always throw irrational sentences, as Kikko said and based on personal experiences you should remain calm and polite because you know you have evidence and reason on your side my young friend. I agree that fundies are annoying, I live in a country full of catholic zealots who almost think that the inquisition must return. Also I dont think this is about inteligence only, yes inteligence could be one factor, because I know inteligent people who are like Dawkins said; moderate believers including me when I was younger, for many years I was a moderate believer and I'm not an uninteligent person, I have a high IQ (no arrogance intended, seriously), I think that most of the times religious people are afraid to quit their beliefs, me included, the paradigm of fear is always difficult to leave behind no matter how inteligent you are, fear is a key factor within religion, fear is like a chain, and is not easy to break that chain. My mother for example, she has a Chemistry PhD and she is a "moderate-strong believer", but I can somehow sense her fear about quiting her belief system. Thats my point of view based on my personal experience of course. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Also, let's not forget that we should try to be as accurate as possible in such conversations.

To say that Christians "stole" the story of Jesus from the Hindus is a positive statement for which you would need to provide firm evidence, assuming you were engaging in a rational conversation (which it sounds like you may not be). The fact is there really isn't much (if any) evidence to show that such a thing happened. Now, the other fact is that the stories are similar, along with the stories of some other deities and holy men, but much of it is on superficial levels. All you really have is the possibility that the stories might have influenced each other - which is not hard to believe (unless you are, "a believer," haha). Now, the stories being similar might also point to common human experiences culminating in common creations of myths. Millions of similar creatures, with similar brains, facing similar challenges of living = no surprise that we come up with similar stories.

The real blow to the Christians comes from the often heard claim that the Jesus story is "so unique" when in fact, it is not. Some elements of it may be unique, but so what? Just because a story is unique does not make it true. The fact is, her question is a great opportunity to school her. How would the Christians have "stolen" the story from so far away? She's obviously thinking small (which happens often in religious-based thought). So tell her how it could have happened. The possibilities of travelers from other lands, the spreading of stories by word of mouth, et cetera. Then ask her to explain how several similar stories have popped up around the planet (several that pre-date Jesus)? If she happens to counter that Satan made up these stories to dis-credit Jesus, ask her why Satan is so much more powerful than God and His plans. There's a chance that by attempting to engage in discussion by posing questions yourself, or offering possibilities instead of inflammatory statements (ie: Jesus story could have been influenced by other stories vs. Jesus story was stolen) you might send her on a path to search out answers instead of immediately going on the defensive.

The bottom line is, regardless of whether you can get through to this girl or not, you owe it to yourself (in my opinion, of course) to make sure that your statements are as factual as possible. Just because a couple of myth stories are similar does not mean there was some conspiracy or plot at work to steal one and implement a new religion. How often have you had a memory or said something that you believed was yours, only to realize later you had read in a book or seen in a movie? It's easy to believe that such things happened in the ancient world, quite easily too, as things like evidence-based inquiry and fact-checking rarely existed.

Sorry, little long winded there. But accuracy and honesty should be our goal.

Now, to add to the cursing, because I do enjoy it: fuck all that Christian nonsense. Big Grin

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
17-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I could not have engaged her further, the teacher made us stop. It really bothers me that teachers would stop such a heated discussion and be against free speech. I understand that it is their job to moderate the class room but at the same time it is not like anyone was being hurt.

Fight the system,

17-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost as ignorant and stupid as my sister.

You don't happen to live in Welton in Lincolnshire do you? My sister goes to school with an "I love Jesus" shirt sometimes xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Nope, Warren Michigan. Southern Michigan is sort of like the Bible Belt of Michigan. Really annoying. Then again I've never been north of here either so I don't know if the rest is like that also.
The FUNNIEST thing is that she had actually gotten in trouble by another teacher for wearing a religious shirt to school... LOL

Fight the system,