ignorant bitch
stupid cunt
[Show Results]

...you've got to be joking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2010, 07:29 PM
RE: ...you've got to be joking...
(17-12-2010 04:33 AM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Hello there, I can understand your fustration, anger, etc, I think that some times debating with religious people is pointless because the conversation itself will become irrational because the other person will always throw irrational sentences, as Kikko said and based on personal experiences you should remain calm and polite because you know you have evidence and reason on your side my young friend. I agree that fundies are annoying, I live in a country full of catholic zealots who almost think that the inquisition must return. Also I dont think this is about inteligence only, yes inteligence could be one factor, because I know inteligent people who are like Dawkins said; moderate believers including me when I was younger, for many years I was a moderate believer and I'm not an uninteligent person, I have a high IQ (no arrogance intended, seriously), I think that most of the times religious people are afraid to quit their beliefs, me included, the paradigm of fear is always difficult to leave behind no matter how inteligent you are, fear is a key factor within religion, fear is like a chain, and is not easy to break that chain. My mother for example, she has a Chemistry PhD and she is a "moderate-strong believer", but I can somehow sense her fear about quiting her belief system. Thats my point of view based on my personal experience of course. Peace.
QFT

Kudos Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:I could not have engaged her further, the teacher made us stop. It really bothers me that teachers would stop such a heated discussion and be against free speech. I understand that it is their job to moderate the class room but at the same time it is not like anyone was being hurt.
If the class subject was religon, then I don't see why the teacher made you stop, but if it was any other subject than religion, then I would have done the same. I do like free speech, but there are places that I'd keep ''free speech free'', like class rooms and funerals.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
18-12-2010, 01:31 PM
It was English class.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~