your best argument against a personal god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 05:06 AM
RE: your best argument against a personal god?
(20-04-2013 08:37 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  The only argument that has ever been needed and ever will be needed against a personal god: there has never been any shred of evidence whatsoever to even make me consider the possibility.

and what evidence do you have, that the natural world is all there is ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 05:08 AM
(20-04-2013 08:11 AM)free2011 Wrote:  where is the evidence for any God, personal or otherwise?

here :

http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t5-argum...nce-of-god
21-04-2013, 05:09 AM
(21-04-2013 05:06 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:37 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  The only argument that has ever been needed and ever will be needed against a personal god: there has never been any shred of evidence whatsoever to even make me consider the possibility.

and what evidence do you have, that the natural world is all there is ?

Oh, I don't know... nature, maybe? The Book of Job, perhaps? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-04-2013, 08:46 AM
For me, the fact that humans have invented many gods demonstrates that clearly the human species has that tendency to invent gods. Since these gods are mutually exclusive gods, humans have an overwhelming track record of being wrong about the existence of god.

Because humans keep reinventing different flavors of gods, I have to define what I mean to be a 'personal god'. I use the term 'personal god' to mean an all powerful being that has an interest in the lives of humans. Assume for the purpose of argument that such a personal god existed. If such a god existed, one would have to conclude this personal god was the cause for our species to constantly seek out such a being. So this personal god is vainglorious and ego driven--sounds pretty human so far Smile The problem with this idea is that if the personal god cares enough to make humans seek this god out, it was rather sloppy design to not make us so that we get the details of this personal god right.
21-04-2013, 09:11 AM
(21-04-2013 08:46 AM)BryanS Wrote:  For me, the fact that humans have invented many gods demonstrates that clearly the human species has that tendency to invent gods. Since these gods are mutually exclusive gods, humans have an overwhelming track record of being wrong about the existence of god.

Because humans keep reinventing different flavors of gods, I have to define what I mean to be a 'personal god'. I use the term 'personal god' to mean an all powerful being that has an interest in the lives of humans. Assume for the purpose of argument that such a personal god existed. If such a god existed, one would have to conclude this personal god was the cause for our species to constantly seek out such a being. So this personal god is vainglorious and ego driven--sounds pretty human so far Smile The problem with this idea is that if the personal god cares enough to make humans seek this god out, it was rather sloppy design to not make us so that we get the details of this personal god right.

So, the more gods we invent, the higher the probability that all gods are invented.

Right, Heywood?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-04-2013, 09:17 AM
(18-04-2013 05:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:23 AM)bemore Wrote:  Aint no disproving my personal god... who happens to be me.

I get to judge my own actions, think what I want to think and do what I want to do. I am my own church and need nobody other than me.

I worship myself. I feel this is the most successful and most rewarding thing to do.

Hail Bemore!!!!

Yeah, what he said. Except once again, as usual Bemore is confusing Bemore with GirlyMan.

All Hail GirlyMan! Bow before my withered feckless testicles! ... (okay stop now, that tickles).

You're both wrong. It's my Gwynnies! Heart

But such gods disprove the necessity of God. Thumbsup

(And I love the idea of my skinny little Gwynnies kicking Almighty ass. Big Grin)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-04-2013, 06:42 AM
(21-04-2013 05:08 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:11 AM)free2011 Wrote:  where is the evidence for any God, personal or otherwise?

here :

http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t5-argum...nce-of-god

Please see the standard responses kindly summarized Zephony.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...or-Dummies

In future please actually do some research and provide arguments that have not already been proved to be logical fallacies.